• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Not impressed with that line up either. What does Clyne need to do to get a start? And I really don't think Townsend has done anything to warrant a start.

Ah well - hopefully we'll get the result we need with a decent performance, but too many players just not getting the opportunities they deserve.

Put your fucking laces through it Sterling.

Smalling and Sterling start again. Poor choices.

Sterling misses a golden chance.

Smalling and Sterling start again. Poor choices.

Sterling misses a golden chance.

Smalling has to play really to try and get something out of him, he has ability but doesn't show it often enough. Sterling also has to play for me, he's lacking massively in confidence right now and the last thing he needs is to be dropped but he does need to show some improvement and quickly.

I just don't see why Townsend keeps getting in the side. It is like "Mick's Favourites MAX"

Smalling has to play really to try and get something out of him, he has ability but doesn't show it often enough. Sterling also has to play for me, he's lacking massively in confidence right now and the last thing he needs is to be dropped but he does need to show some improvement and quickly.

Normally I'd agree, but this is a European qualifying match and even though we are 6 pts clear atm we should play the best team.

Why is Wilshere playing holding/defensive midfield?

Just stupid.

I hate it when national sides put players in the team out of position.

Smalling was excellent for United after Christmas, I don't have a problem with him playing especially as Jagielka is rapidly coming to the end.

Normally I'd agree, but this is a European qualifying match and even though we are 6 pts clear atm we should play the best team.

Smalling and Sterling are part of our best team. In this first 20 minutes Sterling is the one player who has looked like creating something.

All off a SHIT throw in by Jones that.

I can see that I am in the minority of those posting, but IMO Smalling's thinking is too slow, esp. in a back four that keeps changing, but hopefully good enough against Slovenia.

Sterling, I feel is too naive for international level yet, and while he is very quick, he wastes a lot and if everyone was available he would have trouble getting on the bench.

Sterling would not have trouble getting on the bench, he is one of our better players. Yes he's still young and learning but he's already had a lot put on his shoulders at Liverpool and international level.

Sterling would not have trouble getting on the bench, he is one of our better players. Yes he's still young and learning but he's already had a lot put on his shoulders at Liverpool and international level.

He wouldn't get in my team yet, and he needs to grow a pair.

.....and no cover from Smalling. He got left for dead and stood appealing. Pathetic.

Cahill at fault more than Smalling, he can see Novakovic and steps up instead of going with him. Hate to agree with Townsend but just go with him and he's not going to beat you.

I would argue Sterling is (and has been today) England's best player. Who should be ahead of him?

Has Jordan Henderson ever made a tackle by the way? He's nowhere near good enough for this level, I don't care how good his form has been for a Liverpool.

I would argue Sterling is (and has been today) England's best player. Who should be ahead of him?

Has Jordan Henderson ever made a tackle by the way? He's nowhere near good enough for this level, I don't care how good his form has been for a Liverpool.

Sterling is definitely one of our better players and in a few years could be really good.

I don't agree on Henderson, i still think he's good enough for this level but is left far too restricted in this set up.

Cahill plays on the other side but ran back trying to cover Smalling IMO. Ive just rewound Sky to watch it again and while neither of them covered themselves in glory, it was definitely Smalling's job once Gibbs was beaten and he just stood appealing. Schoolboy error.

Back