• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

He restricts himself. He has zero quality about him, just tries desperately to look like Gerrard playing balls across the pitch. When does he ever play incisive passes through the middle, or drive past the opposition? Or win the ball high up the pitch? I just don't see it.

At least Wilshere and Delph try to link with those around them, even if they aren't playing particularly well themselves

Cahill plays on the other side but ran back trying to cover Smalling IMO. Ive just rewound Sky to watch it again and while neither of them covered themselves in glory, it was definitely Smalling's job once Gibbs was beaten and he just stood appealing. Schoolboy error.

Smalling's initial position is poor, he gets caught too high up. But Cahill can see more than both Gibbs and Smalling and should be communicating the problem so that they know.

I'm still blaming Jones for throwing the ball to no-one. We had possession and he literally threw it away while we had men committed forward. The kind of thing you wouldn't have off your mates down the park.

Yes, that was particularly pathetic to be fair

Jones is injured and replaced by Lallana?!

Hoddle showing his usual tactical wizardry. Let's put Kieran Gibbs on the left side of a back three!

I would argue Sterling is (and has been today) England's best player. Who should be ahead of him?

'best player'? you must be joking

Sturridge, Welbeck, Walcott, Lallana, The Ox, even Harry Kane, would get in my team before Sterling.

Maybe he will be good enough in a few years. Time will tell.

He has quite clearly been our best player so far.

Walcott and Welbeck? Seriously? Lallana who can't get in the club side that Sterling is their best player for?

England have now entered 'hopelessly shoot from distance' stage

Ha!

Chance created by good pass by Sterling initially

and Rooney should of scored a second

Great strike from Wilshire. Rooney has to be hitting the target as a minimum there.

Back