• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

I think when he's playing with confidence he is very good at winning challenges and he reads the game pretty well. Not as well as someone like Carrick but decent enough. Better than what we have in that position anyway IMO.

We're playing Estonia in a friendly tonight,they're in England's group iirc.

Then we play a qualifier Sunday in Azerbaijan.

Townsend out of the England games due to injury

Looking forward to the Scotland v Ireland game tonight, There's a lot resting on the game and a fair amount of needle, particularly since McQueen's daft comments concerning McCarthy and McGeady, and then the FAI labelling the SFA as 'unprofessional' due to the ticket allocation.
There will be a good few Irish fans amongst the Scots. On a Friday night? in Glasgow? Could be fun!
Unusually for me I'll be backing 'the boys in green (or white if they're in the away strip).

Can't see past a Scotland win.

Ireland would take a draw if you offered it to them I think. I hope there's an earlyish goal and the game opens up, otherwise Ireland will 'park the bus' and try and hit the Scots on the break.

2 shit teams could not care less

more importantly, England u21's won again last night. Have to say I don't see as much football as I used to.

Danny Ings is he any good?

anyone who saw the U21's what are they like ?
It's 11 wins on the bounce, how good are these boys, I like the look of Dier from Spurs when I have seen him, but I see he pulled out because he wants to be a centre half not full back, so wants to concentrate on that with Spurs for a while.

Impressed with Jenkinson The future looks promising, be interesting to see what some you say ?

2 shit teams could not care less

more importantly, England u21's won again last night. Have to say I don't see as much football as I used to.

Danny Ings is he any good?

anyone who saw the U21's what are they like ?
It's 11 wins on the bounce, how good are these boys, I like the look of Dier from Spurs when I have seen him, but I see he pulled out because he wants to be a centre half not full back, so wants to concentrate on that with Spurs for a while.

Impressed with Jenkinson The future looks promising, be interesting to see what some you say ?

Yet still felt the need to comment.

The best of the youngsters are already in or around the senior squad in Chambers, Stones, Shaw, Sterling, Barkley, Berahino etc.

The current U21's are largely made up of Championship players. Tom Ince and Nathan Redmond are regularly the U21's best players, Ince has already been palmed off by Hull and Redmond still flatters to deceive at this level.

I actually think Scotland look a decent enough side at the moment, seem massively improved under Strachan, i've enjoyed what i've seen of their recent games.

Yeah, I've been very impressed by Scotland lately. They were much better vs Germany than Ireland were but ended up with 0 points as opposed to 1. Ireland's tactics were reminiscent of Birmingham's vs us the other week, I can see why you would set up that way but they offered virtually no threat for 93 minutes. Whereas Scotland really did test Germany but came unstuck with some horrible defending right after they equalised. Ireland were dreadful vs Georgia as well, very lucky to win.

Ireland are no great shakes, and have been riding their luck. O'Neill is going down the Jack Charlton route, get anybody in you can, defend and outwork the opposition and hope to sneak a goal and win 1-0. Unattractive, limited, but probably with what they have available at the moment it's the best they can do. Whether the modern player will give his all for 'his country' as Jack's used to do I doubt.
They keep banging on about the possibility of getting Noble and Grealish into a green shirt.
For me it's just a question of who I'd like to see lose the most tonight and that's Scotland.
I hope neither of them qualify to be honest.

The best of the youngsters are already in or around the senior squad in Chambers, Stones, Shaw, Sterling, Barkley, Berahino etc.

The current U21's are largely made up of Championship players. Tom Ince and Nathan Redmond are regularly the U21's best players, Ince has already been palmed off by Hull and Redmond still flatters to deceive at this level.

Not bad if Championship U21 team can beat some top nations

showing a lot of strength in depth we definitely need a couple of emerging centre half's, Stone looks good, if Dier can continue improving he looks a good player and goes on to nail the other position down, with Chambers who Wenger has earmarked for a defensive midfield our spine looks good, couple that with Clyne, and Shaw, things are looking even better.

Ireland are no great shakes, and have been riding their luck. O'Neill is going down the Jack Charlton route, get anybody in you can, defend and outwork the opposition and hope to sneak a goal and win 1-0. Unattractive, limited, but probably with what they have available at the moment it's the best they can do. Whether the modern player will give his all for 'his country' as Jack's used to do I doubt.
They keep banging on about the possibility of getting Noble and Grealish into a green shirt.
For me it's just a question of who I'd like to see lose the most tonight and that's Scotland.
I hope neither of them qualify to be honest.
That would be really funny

Romania v. Northern Ireland

What are N. Ireland's chances? Is a point realistic? I take it Romania are better than Greece.

Last edited:
To be fair to Strachan he's doing a good job. Scotland are organised and have got some fairly decent attacking players, Anya plays much better for him than for Watford, Fletcher is easily good enough to get goals at that level and Naismith is having a great season

If only we didn't play Grant fucking Hanley and Scott Brown, we'd be decently stocked throughout the XI.

Bloody match isn't on TV anywhere over here. They're showing Armenia instead. Infuriating.

Back