• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

@england: Line-up v @nzs_si: 1 Hart 2 Clyne 3 Gibbs 4 Henderson 5 Cahill 6 Jagielka 7 Wilshere 8 Lallana 9 Welbeck 10 Rooney 11 Sterling #EngSvn

Managed to get tickets for the Scotland Ireland game last night at short notice. Great game, great atmosphere, great goal and a great night out afterwards. Glasgow was buzzing. Almost wish I'd taken the opportunity to get a ticket for the friendly on Saturday now, although I'm not sure I'd want to bother with all the bollocks that goes with an England vs Scotland game.

That's a decent line up from England IMO, actually looking forward to an England game for the first time in ages (Tournaments aside). Well deserved debut for Clyne.

Handanovic, Brecko, Cesar, Ilic, Struna, Kirm, Birsa, Kampl, Kurtic, Mertelj, Novakovic.

Got to be honest I don't recognise many of those names apart from Handanovic, Brecko and Birsa.

The pitch looks like something you'd see in the lower leagues. The hand-egg has ruined it.

The pitch looks like something you'd see in the lower leagues. The hand-egg has ruined it.

Awful isn't it. We shouldn't be letting them play that dirge when it's close to an England game.

Awful isn't it. We shouldn't be letting them play that dirge when it's close to an England game.

You would've thought it'd be a good idea to take advice from clubs which share their grounds with rugby teams if they're trying to make the NFL a regular thing at Wembley. I imagine the pitch-care needs are similar. Clubs like Hull City and Swansea manage to maintain a good quality pitch with regular rugby matches.

12 substitutes!!!! Christ in Hell, what's this game coming to? Sounds more like chess to me.

Sterling has been dire in the first 20 minutes.

Some reasonable one touch passing when on the attack, but with no decent final ball. All seems to be somewhat rushed all the time.

Too fond of trying the 'Hollywood' ball over the top of the defence which if its not inch perfect (which it hasn't been so far) merely gives the ball back to the opposition

Disgraceful pitch. Well worth the money wasted building a national football stadium to watch an odd game full of Americans in helmets.

Sent from my Surface Pro 3 using Tapatalk

Fookin snore. Why was I excited about this game? England make for tedious viewing.

This is boring is fuck England look so slow in their build up its very predictable.

Such a plodding average England team. Completely predictable and uncreative going forward.

Pretty much. I thought Wilshere played alright, seems to be the only one trying to play the ball behind the defence. Welbeck and Henderson were bloody awful.

Back