• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Very true. I thought that about Nathaniel Clyne, had he not turned down United when he signed for Southampton he'd have plenty of England caps by now.

He'd definitely be playing ahead of Rafael.

Lambert is only getting in the squad now because plays (nominally) for Liverpool. Big club bias every time, every manager.

With Bale and Ramsey in the Wales squad their game against Belgium might be quite good.

Hennessey

Gunter Williams Chester Taylor

Allen Ledley

Williams Ramsey Williams

Bale

They do only have one recognised striker and that is Tom Lawrence, surely they have better than that up front?

Coleman will definitely continue with his 5-4-1 though seeing as they scraped a draw against Bosnia doing it.

Ramsey has been poor so far this season but always a chance of him turning it around. Coleman is a major obstacle to them doing anything, terrible manager. I think I'd rather have Hoddle, Dave Jones or even 2014's Terry Venables.

He was an unbelievably poor appointment. When has he ever really proved himself as a capable manager? And yet people keep giving him a job.

Best Wales team in a very long time. Manager with a level of incompetence it reminds me of General Melchett ordering Captain Blackadder around.

Basically for Wales to qualify Gareth Bale has to outweigh the incompetence of Coleman

Best Wales team in a very long time. Manager with a level of incompetence it reminds me of General Melchett ordering Captain Blackadder around.

Best one since the late 80's I reckon. The 80s side probably shades it but even then they never looked like qualifying for anything.

Roy Hodgson has questioned the FA's decision to allow an NFL game at Wembley six days before England's Euro 2016 qualifier against Slovenia.
I agree with Roy, watching that NFL game a couple of weeks ago my first thought was they are ruining the bloody pitch.
We will see when the Ladies use it this weekend how its recovered during a longer timeframe. How much did Wembley cost 800 million, the pitch being the most important part.

Wait till this time next year then

Home game v Estonia a week after the NFL, but before that there are two Rugby Union World Cup games scheduled as well.

Is the break after this weekend?

Yes, England have Slovenia on Saturday 15th at Wembley and then Scotland at Celtic Park on the 18th.

Glad to hear that after a tough start, Luke Shaw is doing well at United. He's going to be a monster of a player for at least the next decade.

Charlie Austin should be getting a call-up soon. I'm not sure there's much more to his game than finishing, but he's clinical.

Hard to see why he has missed out and Lambert is in. I like Lambert but he's making as much of a case for inclusion at the moment as I am.

Hard to see why he has missed out and Lambert is in. I like Lambert but he's making as much of a case for inclusion at the moment as I am.

Austin has probably missed out because he plays for QPR. Lambert is almost certainly only included because he plays for Liverpool.

Austin has probably missed out because he plays for QPR. Lambert is almost certainly only included because he plays for Liverpool.

Doesn't sound like you Frank to suggest such a thing! ;)

I absolutely agree though. The same with Huddlestone, Davies and why Clyne took so long to be picked.

Austin was quality today vs City, deserves a call up

On current form he definitely deserves a call up. He's consistently scored goals for years now, each time he goes up a level he takes to it pretty comfortably and not in the best teams either. I'd say his main problem could be injuries as it seems his shoulder problems stopped him getting moves previously.

That ball in for the second was brilliant.

I'm not as convinced with Hudds as YW is. Technically good, but I don't think he's good enough defensively as a holding player.

Back