• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Clyne - Chambers - Stones - Shaw

I like. I'm only really suggesting Chambers in midfield a) because we are stupidly thin there and b) if that's where he ends up for Arsenal then that's where England have to play him.

Wilshere has looked better recently. Henderson is still too much on the edge of games for my liking at international level. Delph did ok in Switzerland but there are aspects of his game I really don't like. Shame Barry isn't a decade younger really.

Assuming Wilshere can stay fit and continue to improve his form a decent partner for him and the team looks fairly exciting for a few years to come anyway. I quite like that back four if they can continue to develop and get enough game time at their clubs.

YW I agree, I am really optimistic for our team

DW, I really like the look of that back 4, especially when you throw some of the other youngsters as back up

Walker, and Gibbs we need another 1 or 2 good comfortable centre halfs, especially if Chambers ends up a Defensive Midfielder.

I like Caulker. He needs to stop joining shit teams though.

Chambers to play as a DM in the long term? That's where Wenger thinks he'll end up.

I had hoped Rodwell would find some form but apparently he has been rubbish so far for Sunderland.
I can confirm that. He looks a headless fucking chicken and should be replaced in their XI.

Not if you want to play for England!

Jarvis - Wolves
Foster - Albion
Forster Saints
Clyne - Saints
Delph - Villa
Shelby - Swansea

None playing for the so called big clubs, all picked for England recently.

I presume that Sturridge was left out because of injury. So would Liverpool be allowed to play him this weekend, as has been hinted at?

No doubt they will, they're bloody desperate at the moment.

We don't need Sturridge for these games anyway, plus he isn't better than Rooney so shouldn't be playing.

Frank it's been said he has not trained since the last England game, he is a doubt for Liverpool, but he would be allowed to play.
So Jarvis 2 years the rest all picked in this squad.
Many more players since Jarvis, it does not wash anymore that players nee to be with bigger clubs, most certainly with Hodgson on charge

It'll be interesting to see how Wellbeck does now he is playing for Arsenal, he is on fire at the minute through the middle.

I prefer Sturridge to Rooney for England

Based on what? He is a terrible finisher.

Whether Sturridge should be playing is missing the point. There are a few players in the squad who will not get a game, but they are still selected as part of the squad.

I prefer Sturridge to Rooney for England

He's far too selfish. I don't exactly disapprove of selfish strikers if the bugger can at least get a shot away. But he runs into blind alleys, he tries to take too many touches and subsequently loses possession frequently and the number of good chances he should convert but doesn't is actually pretty poor.

He certainly deserves a place in the squad but he shouldn't be the first choice striker - not until he improves his decision making and finishing. He's a good but massively overrated player IMO.

Back