• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Whether Sturridge should be playing is missing the point. There are a few players in the squad who will not get a game, but they are still selected as part of the squad.

Liverpool don't want him called up. We don't need him for these games. Why cause conflict?

And what happens when other managers make the same request to the England manager?

You judge everything on its individual merits. Maverick stuff, I know.

A player is either fit or not fit. By allowing this to happen, the FA have left themselves wide open for other clubs to request that their players are not selected.

They really haven't.

Is this one of those things like the 'three minutes' stuff on Sunday where you refuse to accept anything anyone says? Despite like, facts and evidence and all that nonsense? Because really, I don't understand where you are coming from.

But surely if he is fit enough to play for Liverpool, then he should have been in the England squad?

I guess you could say as he has played 0 miniutes since he got injured, why should he go straight into an England squad

They really haven't.

Is this one of those things like the 'three minutes' stuff on Sunday where you refuse to accept anything anyone says? Despite like, facts and evidence and all that nonsense? Because really, I don't understand where you are coming from.

Sorry Dan, I do give up with you sometimes. You are incapable of accepting that other people have an opinion. So I will state facts and leave it at that.

If a player is injured then the club will contact the FA and advise them accordingly. That player will then not be available for selection for his club. Liverpool have done things differently and have asked England not to select Sturridge. They did not say that he was injured, they just did not want him joining up. And that is also a fact.

Funny how you were willing to disavow concepts such as 'time' last week. Don't patronise me.

Sure, a club can request the FA not call up a player, but can they really hold the player against the FA's wishes? And what if the player called up also wants to go?

Sure, a club can request the FA not call up a player, but can they really hold the player against the FA's wishes? And what if the player called up also wants to go?

No, Sturridge could be called up if the England manager wants to. The reality is this doesn't happen (unless you're French) as everybody has to work together. Technically David is correct, but thankfully people's brains tend to operate pretty well to avoid such petty behaviour.

Most of the time, the sham is; Player A joins up with the squad. Gets assessed. Gets sent home unfit to perform. Stops your average Daily Mail reading F.A. Bellend (administrator) getting his blazer in a twist.

There's talk of Downing forcing an England recall. Thoughts?

There are too many international breaks.Sorry that's how I feel about that.

There are too many international breaks.Sorry that's how I feel about that.

I totally agree. Two months into the season and we are on our second international break. So another weekend and many fans are being deprived the chance to watch their team play.We never had such things in the past, international games were all in midweek inbetween league games.

Blame the teams. They pushed for breaks for when International games are due.

I totally agree. Two months into the season and we are on our second international break. So another weekend and many fans are being deprived the chance to watch their team play.We never had such things in the past, international games were all in midweek inbetween league games.

Let's make this better:

One break March=2 games
One break after season late May early June=2 games
One break last two weeks of September=2 games
One break mid November=2 games

That's 8 games a year,16 games between tournaments.Surely enough?

Back