• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

England squad.
F Forster (Southampton), B Foster (West Brom), J Hart (Manchester City),
L Baines (Everton), G Cahill (Chelsea), N Clyne (Southampton), K Gibbs (Arsenal), P Jagielka (Everton), J Stones (Everton),
F Delph (Aston Villa), J Henderson (Liverpool), A Lallana (Liverpool), J Milner (Manchester City), A Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), J Shelvey (Swansea), R Sterling (Liverpool), A Townsend (Tottenham), J Wilshere (Arsenal),
R Lambert (Liverpool), W Rooney (Manchester United), D Welbeck (Arsenal)

Why have we only called up 21?

The central midfield options are desperate.

Pleased we have called Clyne up, time for him to make the RB spot his own so we never have to see Glen Johnson in an England shirt again.

Dyer should be in there over that useless wreck Townsend.

bit harsh on Townsend, he had a superb tim efor England last year, and but for injury would have gone to Brazil

It's not harsh at all. He's absolute garbage.

It's harsh on Dyer who's been bloody superb so far this season.

Routledge is probably more worthy too. All a bit moot given we're playing San Marino and Estonia though. Good chance for Welbeck to bag himself some more goals and give all the experts another chance to rave about how good he is.

We could play Kevin Phillips so he doesn't finish with 0 England goals. Dyer and Routledge definitely more worthy of a spot than Townsend though, he isn't even playing for Spurs. No league starts.

I guess Roy likes him and picks him due to his form of last year for England

I guess Roy likes him and picks him due to his form of last year for England
That's what annoys me about England managers. Why can't we have a manager who just picks the form players for once? There's no reason whatsoever for Townsend to be in that squad.

This is kinda why I was asking about "B" teams earlier in another thread. People who should be in the full side can show what they can do in a different environment that Hodgson would be involved with.

He only gets picked when we are playing San Marino. Nothing pick really.

That's what annoys me about England managers. Why can't we have a manager who just picks the form players for once? There's no reason whatsoever for Townsend to be in that squad.

Same applies to Rickie Lambert. Hardly played and when he has, he's not exactly impressed.

watched a little bit of Spurs last night, and was impressed with Townsend going forward, puts really good balls in is direct and quick.
I am really happy with the team don't see much difference between Townsend and Dyer , and Routledge. Lambert gives something different

Townsend was garbage last night. Ran around and gave the ball away more than Lennon ever did. He needs to rediscover his form.

Dyer is 10 times the player Townsend is at the moment.

Lambert gives something different

No issue with him being picked last season - he was there on merit. But now - what's the point? He's not playing regularly and in the brief appearances he's made, he's not playing well. You might as well give his place to Peter Crouch if you want a tall bloke up top.

Back