• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

Norge har spill veldig god.

That's probably a ham-fisted way of saying it, but I'm trying.

watching norway-italy now...almost took a bet on victory and draw czech republic vs Holland..bit annoyed now they are leading..i hope Holland wins in the end

Equaliser for Holland, De Vrij with a header following a set piece.

pass on the edge of the box to hard, he should have just pegged it up to shoot

Italy makes it 2-0...poor defending there

switching to czech-holland...(sorry NorwayFB ;)) i hope you win in the end

norge har spelat väldigt bra(norway have played very good)..thats swedish...maybe it is has played in english??

As long as I can get my point across I'm happy enough for now. Languages are a struggle for me.

Alan, you really don't want to get bogged down in the vagaries of linguistics :icon_lol:

Unless you're planning in attaining formal qualifications in a language - or like me, you're someone who can do nothing but languages, and hence makes it his business to understand them in as forensic detail as possible - then so long as you mostly understand structure and grammar it's all good. Vocab and immersion are more important than understanding why something is the way it is, at least to start with. Moving from one language (English) which has virtually no definable rules to languages where there are very different and much more rigid bases is one of the key things that puts people off after they've had a quick dabble.

And back to the football...

Alan, you really don't want to get bogged down in the vagaries of linguistics :icon_lol:

Unless you're planning in attaining formal qualifications in a language - or like me, you're someone who can do nothing but languages, and hence makes it his business to understand them in as forensic detail as possible - then so long as you mostly understand structure and grammar it's all good. Vocab and immersion are more important than understanding why something is the way it is. Moving from one language (English) which has virtually no definable rules to languages where there are very different and much more rigid bases is one of the key things that puts people off after they've had a quick dabble.

Oh, I agree, definitely.

And sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread!

Hey, I'll talk linguistics all day. But probably not on this thread :)

Coleman has dropped a bollock playing this ridiculous formation today.

i did the same TBH Alan haha

Unless you're planning in attaining formal qualifications in a language - or like me, you're someone who can do nothing but languages, and hence makes it his business to understand them in as forensic detail as possible - then so long as you mostly understand structure and grammar it's all good. Vocab and immersion are more important than understanding why something is the way it is, at least to start with. Moving from one language (English) which has virtually no definable rules to languages where there are very different and much more rigid bases is one of the key things that puts people off after they've had a quick dabble.

Rubbish.

Back