• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Euro 2016 Qualifiers - The Road to France

yes 1-1 finished..happy with a point, Austria played very good but we managed to get a point

Slovakia beating Ukraine 1-0.

An excellent win - the hardest game in the group done and a two goal margin was about right.

Walcott, Lallana, Barkley all to add into this mix so it's not a bad position to be in. Agree that we look much better without Sturridge. Too wasteful in every respect.

Didn't see the first half but enjoyed the second, we tried to play and the Swiss were a threat when they got it forward. Two good goals to win the game as well, good job well done.

Ukraine's GK scores only for it to be chalked off for a foul!

A comfortable and well deserved victory. I must say though that I expected Switzerland to be a little better than that.

Anyway that is qualification guaranteed.

I'm very happy with the result. Hopefully it'll bring some confidence back into the camp.

Slovakia take three points from Ukraine.

"Do not adjust your sets"

Fuck off Chiles you massive prick. England away wins are not rare.

I agree with all those who have said we looked better without Sturridge, his 300 step overs and sole rolls must frustrate the fuck out of players when he should just pass it.

Really excellent finish for the second goal from welbeck. Looked much better with him up front today.

Gotta love a good counteracting performance according to Glenn.

Just logged on to say we looked better without Sturridge tonight. Seems like some of you have beaten me to it!

Decent performance.

"Do not adjust your sets"

Fuck off Chiles you massive prick. England away wins are not rare.

Can't believe you have actually listened to any of that - turned the sound off as soon as the match ended to avoid any possibility of aural infection

The man is literally the worst broadcaster I've ever seen hold down a job for so long. "Which much pleased Roy Hodgson very greatly indeed" was his line just then, wat? Can't read an autocue, can't speak coherently, constantly trying to be funny (and failing badly), I'd love to know which focus groups ITV listened to when they employed him and then continued to employ him. He couldn't do a professional job 15-20 years ago on Working Lunch.

Didn't Behrami used to play wide when he went to West Ham? Looked pretty solid tonight as the covering midfield, made some important tackles.

They used him all over the place, right back, right midfield, central midfield, all at the time when their transfer policy and squad was very haphazard under Zola as I remember. He's gone to Hamburg now, should do well for them.

Behrami is a very tidy player, like him a lot.

Back