• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Derby 0 - Wolves 2 a five nil in all but the score tonight

I can't believe that some people doubted Fosun...
Who did that? Have a word with them Frank...

Even 'Arry is convinced. Randomly states in his press conference "Wolves will be good this year, go watch them"

How did the porties do?

I dont see Nuno doing it, but once Costa is back i would like to see Cav playing as RWB. Considering the 3 up front would be Costa, Jota and Joselu. At that time.
All awesome, Miranda was composed at the back and did everything asked of him. Neves just looks like everything is so easy for him controlled things from midfield. Jota had some moments of magic and really should have scored but was very unselfish to set up Cav for the 2nd goal. Cav looked like he was trying too hard to be honest but ran into space and finished well for the 2nd goal so can't bee to critical.

Would love more Porties please!!

Curtis Davies on Radio Derby in the car after was trying to make out we were nothing special and "it's not as if they cut us open, it was mainly on the break". Ha ha fuck off Curtis we pissed through you a good few times in the second half.

We outpassed and outclassed them and made them look like mugs at times.

How did the porties do?

I dont see Nuno doing it, but once Costa is back i would like to see Cav playing as RWB. Considering the 3 up front would be Costa, Jota and Joselu. At that time.

They're too good for this league but you knew that anyway...

Boly was the standout of the ex Porto/Benfica lot though.

I've had a look at the Derby forum,went from wolves aren't anything special,bought a new team,they'll need time to gel and we'll beat them easily to Rowett out,we were awful,going to be a long season to wolves were class really quickly,brilliant

They're too good for this league but you knew that anyway...

Boly was the standout of the ex Porto/Benfica lot though.
But remember, Winter Is Coming, and we'll be fooked when we venture beyond The Wall on a wet Tuesday night...

While we have had an excellent start to the season, it is important that the players keep their feet on the ground. The championship is notoriously a long, hard season, and it is important we maintain the current level of performance, and not think we will win every game easily.

While we have had an excellent start to the season, it is important that the players keep their feet on the ground. The championship is notoriously a long, hard season, and it is important we maintain the current level of performance, and not think we will win every game easily.
Frank - have you listened to Nuno's interview after the match - his feet couldn't be any more on the ground.

Sorry I did not hear his interview. I have been out all day, and only returned home a short while ago. I will listen to it when I get chance later this evening.

But remember, Winter Is Coming, and we'll be fooked when we venture beyond The Wall on a wet Tuesday night...

I read a lot about "playing in Barnsley on a wet December wednesday night" around here....

Well maybe some people dont know where most, if not all, portuguese players currently at wolves had to play back in portuguese football.

Here is a typical "playing at Oliveira de Azeméis on a wet December Tuesday afternoon" in portuguese second league:

oliveirense2.jpg

Wow! What a great performance. It's been a long time since I've seen such a well organised Wolves team. Add to thatbsoke serious quality and you see a Wolves team in total control for most of the game.

Only Nouha let the side down with another poor performance. Really hope he can pick himself up.

Sorry I did not hear his interview. I have been out all day, and only returned home a short while ago. I will listen to it when I get chance later this evening.

If you had you would be impressed - good win today, but that did not appear to make him especially happy.

Still wants more - and there is still better to come

I read a lot about "playing in Barnsley on a wet December wednesday night" around here....

Well maybe some people dont know where most, if not all, portuguese players currently at wolves had to play back in portuguese football.

Here is a typical "playing at Oliveira de Azeméis on a wet December Tuesday afternoon" in portuguese second league:

View attachment 1866

We know. It's the rest of the Championship that don't. They seem to think that it only rains in Britain.

Neves & Jota look ready made to tear this division apart.

We know. It's the rest of the Championship that don't. They seem to think that it only rains in Britain.

Neves & Jota look ready made to tear this division apart.

Not just them though - a defensive unit that doesn't look as if its going to concede every 15 mins helps enormously

View attachment 1866
This whole 'cold wet Wednesday in barnsley' comes from journalists,ex pro panelists on the TV who seem to think foreign players only come from and play in sunny weather and can't cope with rain,as someone on here said before,these are ex champions league players who must have played in Moscow,Bratislava or Kiev in November when it's cold,it's just lazy cliched stereotyping

Our softest player is an Irish man who likes to wear gloves on the pitch.

Back