• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Crystal Palace (A) 3/9: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the better team, but as usual we lack the cutting edge in the final third. Silva off and Sasa on for me at HT. Semedo is having a solid game but I'm worried he's going to get a second yellow - would take him off for Doherty soonish.

Sarabia and Cunha should be switched around. Sarabia is never going to be effective out wide for us, lacks pace and Cunha is better running into space. No idea why multiple managers can't see this.

I've seen the stats around how long a team gives the ball away to the opposition by launching it rather than playing it out, so understand the principle, but surely there comes a point where that becomes self defeating? I'd rather give it away in 2 seconds in their half than 5 in ours.

Sarabia and Cunha should be switched around. Sarabia is never going to be effective out wide for us, lacks pace and Cunha is better running into space. No idea why multiple managers can't see this.

Did Sarabia play behind the forward against Blackpool? He seemed more central in the highlights.

That was a wank half of football from two wank teams.

We're so devoid of inspiration, creativity and speed of thought in the final third it's ridiculous. Cunha and Sarabia have been completely anonymous, which I suppose is marginally better than Neto and Silva who have both been shit. Absolutely horrible to watch, and entirely predictable.

So little quality in any of our front 4. Sarabia has the most but just isn’t a goal threat in the slightest and anyone around him is clueless.
Sarabia has been an absolute waste of a shirt. Offering no width and hardly tracking back. Totally nothing player.

Think we're looking at a 1-0 defeat here if these patterns continue, need a little shake-up please Gaz (can I mention him?)
Think we are set up well, getting into good situations. Just zero quality in any of that front 4. If they do one thing well, the next thing is then terrible. Hwang is the same (and so was Nunes). It’s no surprise we have been rubbish going forward for an enternity.

Can add Palace to group of teams who will be battling at the bottom of table with us, they are awful relying on Eze to do something.
We really should be getting something from this, mind would help if we tried to shoot from time to time.

* I'm enjoying the battle between Eduoard and Dawson, both definitely leaving stuff on oneanother and pretending they're not.

* Kilman has been excellent.

* Sa has been great except for that ball into Gomes.

* Semedo is frustrating, his delivery poor.

* this game is here for the taking, as ever we're not good enough in the final third.

* ref books Semedo, but not Guehi, no idea why, Guehi's challenge was far worse.

* we were a little fortunate with the penalty shout.

Most comfortable I've seen us in a good while.

But the same things still plague us from previous managers. Mainly a lack of cutting edge and Jose Sa brain farts. Just think the right personnel aren’t on the field currently/some are in the wrong positions.

Sarabia has been an absolute waste of a shirt. Offering no width and hardly tracking back. Totally nothing player.
He's not a PL player, been saying it since he came. Speed and physicality is too much for him. He should be Cunha's back up, the trouble is we don't have a right sided option as Neto isn't it either

Reactions: b3h
Did Sarabia play behind the forward against Blackpool? He seemed more central in the highlights.
He did but was floating around a lot probably due to the space he could find against a weaker team

He's not a PL player, been saying it since he came. Speed and physicality is too much for him. He should be Cunha's back up, the trouble is we don't have a right sided option as Neto isn't it either

It’s a shame Semedo is on a yellow and one foul away from a red, as I’d hook Silva and Cunha for Hwang and Sasa and pop Hwang on the right, Sarabia behind Sasa.

But the same things still plague us from previous managers. Mainly a lack of cutting edge and Jose Sa brain farts. Just think the right personnel aren’t on the field currently/some are in the wrong positions.
Yep.

Same story with Silva - effort, movement and good link up play but no goal threat.

Cunha has been one of our better players, both defensively and offensively. Just needs better players in front of him to link with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back