• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

Trouble is a new smarter way of working may mean surplus staff, job losses and worst case scenario businesses closing. I suspect furlough is in place until the end of June but business should already have been making contingencies for this eventuality - they were just waiting for the green light. They said from the beginning it was all about not overwhelming the NHS so it suggests that envisage a second wave which if it happens during the flu season will be a nightmare, especially if the flu vaccine is only 30% viable like it was in 2015 when 28k extra people died. For me the game changer would have been the antibody test that seems non-existent.

The antibody test will be useful but only becomes a game changer when significant portions of the population have antibodies

On tv this morning Dominic Raab confirmed that Wednesday is the back to work day. The number of people that missed that during our Leaders speech is testament to the general confusion his speech caused.

Helpful that most of those listening last night would have gone in this morning before he spoke.

Helpful that most of those listening last night would have gone in this morning before he spoke.

Boris did say everything came into effect on Wednesday, but like most of what he said, it just wasn't made clear enough.

I think Section 44 of the Employment Rights Act 1996 should be studied by everyone being told they are required to return to work.

If you have concerns regarding the safety of your work environment, request that you or a representative be allowed to take part in a consultation with your employer pursuant to the Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996 to discuss what, if anything has been put in place to protect you from Coronavirus.

So clear that Laura K wrote a column last night referring to millions going back to work tomorrow. BBC haven’t changed it yet.

Boris did say everything came into effect on Wednesday, but like most of what he said, it just wasn't made clear enough.

I think Section 44 of the Employment Rights Act 1996 should be studied by everyone being told they are required to return to work.

If you have concerns regarding the safety of your work environment, request that you or a representative be allowed to take part in a consultation with your employer pursuant to the Health and Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996 to discuss what, if anything has been put in place to protect you from Coronavirus.

Boris said back to work from today, and go to the park and beaches as long as you want from Wednesday.

Raab has said this morning that we can meet people from other households, outside, with 2m distancing

On the Today programme this morning Raab says you can meet more than one parent outside.

Government now says you can't

Boris said back to work from today, and go to the park and beaches as long as you want from Wednesday.

Raab has said this morning that we can meet people from other households, outside, with 2m distancing

I'll have to force myself to watch his dribble again, my take away was that everything comes into effect Wednesday, maybe I credited The Leader with too much sense

It would appear that the government have put Piers Morgan on the naughty step next to Channel 4 and will refuse to do any interviews. Pathetic.
It's part of their strategy not to deal with the sections of the press/media that are critical of them.

I think the government aim to get through the whole term without any scrutiny whatsoever as they know that all of their claims could just be taken apart.

Shambles of an interview by Raab on R4 today...but he shouldn't even be doing this. It's the Home Secretary's area. Except you can't trust her to speak to the media as she's that lovely cocktail of thick and vile.

Almost as if arbitrarily picking someone for one of the great offices of state purely because they're a rabid Brexiteer and on no other basis whatsoever isn't a very good idea.

What if someone is self employed and are not in manufacturing or construction are they allowed to try and return to work with the correct PPE etc or is it only restricted to certain industries.

Providing you can show that you're still trading and have been affected by the fallout from Covid-19 (eg fewer/no clients) then you can make a claim under the Government's scheme without it impacting on you working or looking for work.

Providing you can show that you're still trading and have been affected by the fallout from Covid-19 (eg fewer/no clients) then you can make a claim under the Government's scheme without it impacting on you working or looking for work.

Someone I know who is self employed isn't entitled to that. I think it was because their business is new and it goes on the last financial years returns. They were saying their partner earns just too much to be eligible for universal credit. So they don't get anything shit situation really.

Juts watched it again, he doesn't actually set a date for returning to work, just that you should be actively encouraged to do so, then straight away says the rules for unlimited outdoor activities starts on Wednesday, although the chart gives the impression these will happen on the same day.

Has anyone had a chance to look at the detail from the Government? Is there any advise on people who can't wor from home because their work involves visiting other peoples homes?

It's part of their strategy not to deal with the sections of the press/media that are critical of them.

I think the government aim to get through the whole term without any scrutiny whatsoever as they know that all of their claims could just be taken apart.

Bit ike the censorship on google and youtube where people have been taking claims apart including two doctors in California.

"the number of deaths so far this year is 37,151 higher than the average for 2015 to 2019."

Back