• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

As i said pages back, tomorrow seemed to be the unofficial "back to work day" judging by mine and mates bosses minds.But you cant be keeping the current supermarket measures as they are if most peeps are back 9-5...weekends will be utter utter chaos and will cause more problems than 5 weeks ago.

The decision has been passed to leaders of small and medium businesses rather than government. Shocking - passing the responsibility to others. Johnson you fucking coward.

Good to see another kick in the head for the airline industry as well. A quarenteen policy that would have been useful 3 months ago now implemented.

The lads building the new shopping centre by us haven't missed a day.
Yep. Some housebuilders went into a voluntary shutdown, but restarted a week or two ago. A lot of UKCG sites temporarily halted work to determine the control measures required to control or reduce the risk and Site Operating Procedures developed

fae8a2b33bd7e015769cf4dec460ad0e.jpg

Good to see another kick in the head for the airline industry as well. A quarenteen policy that would have been useful 3 months ago now implemented.
I agree, self-isolation was introduced for incoming flights to Jersey from outside the UK and Ireland back in March.

There is talk of a 'bubble' for flights between UK and the Channel Islands.

Good to know you can go to work and share the same toilets etc but still can't see extended family.

Boris is very good at looking into a camera, looking serious, and reading a script. He even combed his hair tonight just to emphasise how serious he was being. Quite how well he will fair in the House when he's facing Kier Starmer and has to elaborate and flesh out his non statements is yet to be seen. The use of of language such as war, defeat, control, hardship and sacrifice at the beginning was very noticeable as was ending it with a caring sharing message, hiding amongst the piffle paffle that Wednesday is the 'official' back to work point.

I'm extremely sceptical of a man who has spent most of the crisis either in hiding or addressing his personal life before the lives of the people that voted for him and the constant re iteration of the five tests, what they are, and how you at home can monitor them. It's almost as if he wants people to make their own decision on when they've been met and to then act upon their own interpretation.

Good to know you can go to work and share the same toilets etc but still can't see extended family.
I know of a construction company in Jersey that has cleaning staff monitoring the use of such welfare facilities. As one person 'finishes' the cleaner will then carry out a 'deep clean' before allowing the next worker to use the facility.

I don't see how what Boris is proposing won't take R above 1.

I'll by keeping an eye on new hospital numbers

15 minutes of saying absolutely nothing.

That's what I thought too. Everything he said had been said or printed from Friday to today. He's desperately trying to be Churchillian but lacks the gravitas or sincerity.

The messaging is a bit of a mess now and there's obvious holes in the policy such as going to work but not seeing extended family and maintaining social distancing but how do you make sure you do that on public transport?

I understand the R rate and what they are trying to do but they are fudging it quite badly.

At my place, the toilet is one of the busiest rooms in the building!

If everyone is back to work how do those facilities stay safe from contaminated surfaces? It only gets cleaned once a day.

Agree with Johnny and darlo. There was less than zero there. Boris has merely created confusion. Quite telling that the 3 devolved parliaments/assemblies all disagree (and have wide consensus for this pov). The fact germany seems to have r greater than 1 should be cause to retain the stay at home message.

It was an announcement, that he will be making an announcement during the week to parliament. So the detail still has yet to be agreed. This smacks of making it up as you go.

Some will read this as a license to go off on days out to the beach etc. I fear the next warm weather spell.

I expect money to employers under the furlough scheme will become conditional from now on though.

It's pretty obvious what his grand plan was, we have a few days of wartime nostalgia (which he bloody loves), at the end of which he swoops in and becomes the nation's hero on a Sunday night, opening a load of stuff and returning us to a semblance of normality. What a ruddy guy, eh.

Unfortunately for him, viruses do not work like that, the data doesn't support what he wants and this isn't for once a situation where he gets to do whatever he likes.

So we get this empty void of nothing and muddying of the waters, more questions than answers, and now a nation where different constituent parts are doing different things. All because he had to have his big showbiz moment (rather than putting it through Parliament like someone normal would do, and Lindsay Hoyle has already bollocked him for this).

You're not Ant and you're certainly not Dec. Leave primetime TV to the experts, you try to run the country, after all it is your job.

At my place, the toilet is one of the busiest rooms in the building!

If everyone is back to work how do those facilities stay safe from contaminated surfaces? It only gets cleaned once a day.

One in one out and an increased cleaning regime. That’s what my company has been doing for the past seven weeks. Worked ok so far.

Back