• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

this news, and hancocks announcement yesterday is just preparing the ground for re-writing history.
they will announce a new covid death toll and argue that in fact they did brilliantly in managing the pandemic as part of their review.

Gaslighting at it's finest (and by finest, I mean vilest...).

Yeah we had 3 big jobs, 1s gone back 12 months, the others gone back for redesign as after 8 months of telling them they couldn't afford the scheme it finally twigged. Also lost 1 due to, well it wasn't me tending it!

We've got a mixed supply of projects so we will just focus on the smaller ones to try and fill it but t/o this year will definitely take a hit.

Whilst theres a immediate short term scramble I do think that theres a positive outlook in the short to mid term. Theres plenty of public funds being lined up to keep us going unlike the last recession, that was painful

Yeah we had 3 big jobs, 1s gone back 12 months, the others gone back for redesign as after 8 months of telling them they couldn't afford the scheme it finally twigged. Also lost 1 due to, well it wasn't me tending it!

We've got a mixed supply of projects so we will just focus on the smaller ones to try and fill it but t/o this year will definitely take a hit.

Whilst theres a immediate short term scramble I do think that theres a positive outlook in the short to mid term. Theres plenty of public funds being lined up to keep us going unlike the last recession, that was painful
Our order is generally pretty diverse and you can definitely see different attitudes across the sectors. Two big jobs we had pushed back were an office and some student accommodation, understandably tentative at the moment, but the tender we've just finished is for a manufacturing facility to fulfil a new big order that's already rubber stamped so they have no reason to be so cautious.

Similar with looking at delays on our live jobs, retail stuff seems to be pretty relaxed as they're not really in any rush to get shops open at the moment, education still pushing to get things finished as it's just a matter of when rather than if for them getting back to normal.

Timing wise we were pretty fortunate that we had some decent jobs kick off around Christmas so those project teams are already occupied for another 12-18 months. Not quite so desperate to get new work in when haven't got too many staff to keep busy. Quite surprised we were even looking to pursue trainee placements this year though.

Football teams at all levels can train outside as a full squad with contact from now on. Friendlies from August 1st. Leagues from September. Lots of token social distancing and disinfecting requirements which won't happen in many instances. My sons team have asked if I'm happy for him to do that and to be honest I'm not sure I am, equally from the replies so far it looks like I'm the only one and don't want to ostracise him

I’ve done a couple of sessions coaching U14s recently, all socially distanced. Think I’ll try to keep it that way for a few weeks still whilst slowly introducing practices that include contact.

Football teams at all levels can train outside as a full squad with contact from now on. Friendlies from August 1st. Leagues from September. Lots of token social distancing and disinfecting requirements which won't happen in many instances. My sons team have asked if I'm happy for him to do that and to be honest I'm not sure I am, equally from the replies so far it looks like I'm the only one and don't want to ostracise him

Interesting, I havent heard anything even approaching a coherent response from the RFU, I dont know what to tell the parents at the moment. The RFU did very helpfully send an email telling all my parents that we would be training again in July a couple of weeks back which I had to pop their bubble over.

Our kids started rugby training a week ago. Bubbles of 5 plus a coach, balls and hands disinfected before the start and during. Quite good really, but I think that is because our coach takes it seriously.

Our kids started rugby training a week ago. Bubbles of 5 plus a coach, balls and hands disinfected before the start and during. Quite good really, but I think that is because our coach takes it seriously.

Yeah thats the guidelines I've seen, although the RFU also stipulate that rugby shouldn't be played in the off season for minis and juniors.

Oh well I'll wait and see if theres anything more forthcoming.

Its

Yeah thats the guidelines I've seen, although the RFU also stipulate that rugby shouldn't be played in the off season for minis and juniors.

Oh well I'll wait and see if theres anything more forthcoming.

Its

Not seen that, though our kids have always done Friday evening summer training - best part of the season for me, not freezing and get to have a pint.

Yeah its a big no no from the RFU as they prefer children to have a break from rugby, although in my experience no one follows any of the rules as most coaches either aren't trained or don't care. It suits me as I get the boys down to play some league.

What age group are your kids in? Mine are U8s and U10s next year (if the big un goes back)

Both are U11s / U12s next season. Been playing since they were 3.

To be fair they don’t really play rugby in the summer (and certainly not now), it’s more about games / fitness and messing around.

Data on the Oxford Vaccine has been officially released.

“Trials involving around 1,077 people showed the injection led to them making antibodies and white blood cells that can fight coronavirus.”

I keep hearing a radio ad for coronavirus fact check on a .gov site to “get the truth” on the Virus. Are they setting up to cover their lies?

Data on the Oxford Vaccine has been officially released.

“Trials involving around 1,077 people showed the injection led to them making antibodies and white blood cells that can fight coronavirus.”

This is tremendous news

I keep hearing a radio ad for coronavirus fact check on a .gov site to “get the truth” on the Virus. Are they setting up to cover their lies?

I think that is more to steop people believing conspiracy shit or drinking bleach rather than "you many have heard 60,000 have died...you heard wrong i was just Mabel from 3 streets away from you. Now go back inside and wait for the BBC to pass on our next instructions"

I think that is more to steop people believing conspiracy shit or drinking bleach rather than "you many have heard 60,000 have died...you heard wrong i was just Mabel from 3 streets away from you. Now go back inside and wait for the BBC to pass on our next instructions"

I didn't hear them running a fact check site when they were lying about Brexit or Corbyn...

Just nipped out to pick up my glasses and pretty much everyone was wearing a mask (though not all correctly). Very good to see and shows how pathetic the government were to slow introduction of masks to pander to their lunatic fringe.

In MD this morning. Everyone wearing a mask in shops, majority leaving them on as they walk around

Bit of confusion in a coffee shop as the rules state no mask if drinking in but they are making folk wear them until they sit down.

Back