• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Coronavirus

I read it on here so it must be right.

A normal flu season without a vaccine would produce maybe 80,000 deaths if 2015 (success rate 30%) is correficient.

The public is being duped.

Are you being serious? I can't tell

I spoke to my brother this afternoon and he says that the Netherlands is similar to here in respect to PPE running low, care homes being an after thought, politicians not owning mistakes. He said that staff were walking out of care homes as the PPE isn’t available in them.

I spoke to my brother this afternoon and he says that the Netherlands is similar to here in respect to PPE running low, care homes being an after thought, politicians not owning mistakes. He said that staff were walking out of care homes as the PPE isn’t available in them.

My mrs. Just showed me the ppe here that is available to order for the HSE (she looks after some of the procurement) needless to say the list of items (basic stuff, masks etc) is short and she said some of that is out of stock at the moment.
The fruit pickers that were brought in here by Keelings, were not 'quarantined' at all, the company said their movements were 'restricted'.
Also many of the doctors that arrived back from Oz etc were straight into working apparently.
I assume that would depend on where they were being deployed.
The 'hub' in Wicklow which has been set up for dealing with suspected cases saw it's first patient today.
I think it's a struggle everywhere to be honest.
On the bright side here the curve is flattening and the rate is down to 0.7.
People are generally doing as they are advised.
Early days yet.

yeah, most places have got a shortage. I'm switching tv channels every time the subject comes up on tv, the Mrs is in bits over her brother a si tis, we havent seen him since he went to Oz almost a year ago and where hes been placed is not good as it is, if they start to have PPE shortages there, god knows whats going to happen

You are seriously talking shit.

Not sure - that's why I am asking. How many are in the nightingale hospitals?

What is the death rate compared to previous?

How many already have the virus?

How many have had the virus and recovered?

Go ahead brain box ..

Fine. So how would that compare with a season of flu without a vaccine. Using a comparison of 2015 with nearly 30K deaths on a vaccine with 30% success rate ??

Nobody knows how contagious this is.

Nobody knows who already has had it.

I read on here a 10% increase in deaths.

I may be talking shit but there isn't anything that nails on 100% that I am. None of these experts seem to have a fuckin clue - hence duped.

Fine. So how would that compare with a season of flu without a vaccine. Using a comparison of 2015 with nearly 30K deaths on a vaccine with 30% success rate ?? Nobody knows how contagious this is. Nobody knows who already has had it. I read on here a 10% increase in deaths. I may be talking shit but there isn't anything that nails on 100% that I am. None of these experts seem to have a fuckin clue - hence duped.
Youve got all the facts at your fingertips. I've got better things to do, like actually trying to do something positive during the crisis, than count numbers for you because you've run out of fingers.
Goodnight

I'd be interested to know who told you that

The wife, but I just double checked that and any returning from abroad had to 'self isolate' (not quarantine) for 14 days. However doctors that had left the service and were re-registering could be working within 72 hours.

Large scale temporary mortuary at Birmingham airport opened today,looks like it's expected to get worse if that's now operating

I've mentioned living on a main road and being concerned about the traffic volumes previously. have to say (as a tangent) that the bank hol weekend was very quiet!

Anyhow, today out the window I saw 4 separate funeral cars go past through the morning. Might usually see one a week, but 4 in a morning?

Fine. So how would that compare with a season of flu without a vaccine. Using a comparison of 2015 with nearly 30K deaths on a vaccine with 30% success rate ??

Nobody knows how contagious this is.

Nobody knows who already has had it.

I read on here a 10% increase in deaths.

I may be talking shit but there isn't anything that nails on 100% that I am. None of these experts seem to have a fuckin clue - hence duped.

It looks like a 60% uptick in deaths to me

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopula...eekending3april2020#deaths-registered-by-week

I agree with you though, we still don't know much about the virus but because of that no one will be to cavalier in their decision making

Youve got all the facts at your fingertips. I've got better things to do, like actually trying to do something positive during the crisis, than count numbers for you because you've run out of fingers.
Goodnight

Yes, you are right. Have to be positive. My apologies - anxiety levels were going through the roof yesterday. Made the cardinal error of reading the gutter press.

Hopefully we get some massively positive news soon.

Hmmm.
9a70690055226613862271e3a9a9266b.jpg

Back