• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

Phoenix Nights done.

Wasn't sure what they would be doing. Basically it's the Phoenix Nights Talent night with characters doing their own bit on stage. First half was ok but the 2nd half was outstanding.

Some classic stuff included such as the dwarf Bolton fans, Clinton Baptist and the I'm getting word nonce.

Will say that's it after the shows though as it finished with a video of Potter in Africa (opening the African branch) and 1949-2015 on the screen as it ended
Sounds interesting. As said before I'd like to have gone but would have cost me a fortune. If it doesn't come out on DVD, I'll have to rerun the originals. I doubt I have watched them for over 5 years.

Sounds interesting. As said before I'd like to have gone but would have cost me a fortune. If it doesn't come out on DVD, I'll have to rerun the originals. I doubt I have watched them for over 5 years.

It will come out on DVD. Cameras all over the place.

Few bits won't get shown on BBC when they show it for Comic relief though, especially RayVons DJ set which included a mix of Rolf Harris / Jim'll Fix it / Gary Glitter stuff.

Jemaine Clement of Flight of the Conchords fame is on an American nightly show this evening and he is still painfully hysterical. Everything he says is gold.

Will say that's it after the shows though as it finished with a video of Potter in Africa (opening the African branch) and 1949-2015 on the screen as it ended

I went on Wednesday night and they showed the Africa clip, but not the part with the dates. I don't know if that's because the cast are enjoying it and want to keep their options open or (more likely) thought it poor taste given the Ted Robbins situation.

Tickets to see Dara in November from the lovely wife today.

Off to see Dara a week on friday. Can't wait, as last time he slayed the civic.

No spoilers until November. Ta

*makes note not to write down the script of the show for posting*

Debating going to see Henning Wehn later this year.

Phoenix Nights Live has raised £5,031,146.47 for Comic Relief.

Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse have announced a tour.

It's at the NIA, so make of that what you will.
Personally I feel comedy is better in smaller rooms.

I feel it's better when the people writing/performing it are, you know.... funny

Reeves & Mortimer have announced a tour too.
Never quite got into them myself.

Nina Conti has also announced an extension to her UK tour. It is a funny show - saw a WIP at the RSC.

Loved Reeves & Mortimer back in the day. Don't think it has aged well though and no desire to see them live.

Just need to get the Mary Whitehouse Experience back. A lot of that show still makes me laugh.

I still love Vic and Bob. House of Fools was guaranteed to make me laugh.

Back