• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

Frankie Boyle appears to be touring again.
I was disappointed last time. Plus, he appears to be an arsehole.

Not for me.
Far more tempted to see David O'Doherty at the mac.
Sadly I've had to resist any gig tickets until my employment situation gets sorted...

I went to see Frankie Boyle at the Civic a few years ago. Remember enjoying the night. Not sure if I'll bother this time though. There's not that many comedians out there at the moment that jump out at me wanting to see.

Not for me.
Far more tempted to see David O'Doherty at the mac.
Sadly I've had to resist any gig tickets until my employment situation gets sorted...

Saw DoD, the Whose Line Is It Anyway guys and Des Bishop last weekend, top laughs

In a "You couldn't make it up" stylee

Bill Bailey's tour bus is stolen whilst doing a gig in..............Liverpool. Also to add to it, the CCTV reveals they were wearing tracksuits :scouse:

Bill Bailey's tour bus is stolen whilst doing a gig in..............Liverpool. Also to add to it, the CCTV reveals they were wearing tracksuits :scouse:
A bit of good publicity as well to promote the tour, or am I being cynical?

Also have some for the Civic. Decent seats, near the front.

It really is annoying buying so far in advance but it is generally the norm these days.

Just short of a year after purchasing the tickets....off to this gig tonight.

I'm there tomorrow. First comedy gig for a while, and first gig since the summer.
Really looking forward to it.

Saw Dara at the weekend at the Brum Hipp. Another one where tickets were purchased 7 years in advance.

That was a superb set. Considering it is nearly the end of a 135 show tour, he was full of energy. Did his usual crowd interaction (a Local lady from Huddersfield!! the highlight of those he talked to) but a lot more story jokes than he did last time I saw him. Only issue with Dara is he normal voice is quick and very Irish and at times it can be a struggle to understand. Git doesn't use his TV voice on stage

Saw him earlier on the tour. He's a master. I find I catch up with him as a show goes on.

I'm there tomorrow. First comedy gig for a while, and first gig since the summer.
Really looking forward to it.
Brilliant evening. No spoilers though...

Full on security checks at the Civic making it slow going to get in. First time I have waited in a queue at that venue.

Brilliant evening. No spoilers though...

Full on security checks at the Civic making it slow going to get in. First time I have waited in a queue at that venue.

T'was an ace night!
Couple of comments made by peeps about security. In fairness, no real queue to get in though.

Dara is on The Late Late show now, discussing meeting Stephen Hawking, describing his awkwardness on bouncing in to the room and greeting him with his avuncular manner, and then waiting 10 mins for Prof. Hawking to type a response. Finished with a nice story about spending an afternoon sitting with the Proffessor and reading the papers to him.

Just seen that Kevin Bloody Wilson is touring next Nov/Dec. Not many tickets left for the Birmingham date though.

managed to acquire this for a lot less than amazon charge.
Whilst the box itself isn't an exact work of art, the contents (at first glance) look amazing! A significant number of unreleased cd's of shows, as well as a lot of dvd's that have never seen light of day before.

I can't wait to have a good proper listen to some of the cd's.

Just booked tickets to see Stewart Lee at the Grand on 31st Jan. Can't wait. I absolutely love him. Easily the funniest comedian I've seen live (which, granted, is not many) and his Comedy Vehicle is up their with Newswipe as the funniest thing on TV.

Off to see Dave Gorman on Sunday too, which I'm really looking forward to.

Back