• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

Any fans of Jason Manford - He is making an appearance at the Comedy Club he runs in Birmingham on Saturday (Players Bar on Broad Street) and then hanging around to watch the England game there. Only £10 a ticket, not sure who the others comedians appearing are but well worth the money (plus the drinks are 2 for 1 at the venue)

Pete Firman is out on tour again. Think I might pop along.

On a related note - went to see Penn & Teller last night. Brilliant show. Wish I hadn't been stuck up in the gods for it though!

I was too late for get Penn & Teller tickets, would have loved to see them. Maybe will have to save up for a Vegas trip.

They announced the 15th, & I saw the email within 10 hours of it going out. Got online & the only tickets left were way back - top tier. I went for it, as I thought it might be the last chance I get.
I was well pissed off a couple of days later when they announced another show for the 16th...:argh:

I was well pissed off a couple of days later when they announced another show for the 16th...:argh:
Done that plenty of times with gigs. Especially when Oasis announced a Thurs night gig, then put Fri, Sat & Sun on as well once I'd got Thurs tickets.

Dylan Moran has announced a tour. A mate thinks he's ace. Never struck me as brilliant. Anyone seen his live show? Is he recommended.

I see Lee Nelson has announced a tour after pimping himself out on transfer deadline day.

Rumours abound that Dara is about to announce a UK tour. Ireland dates are already about.

Rumours abound that Dara is about to announce a UK tour. Ireland dates are already about.

We'll be doing Vicar Street. Love him.
If you're on Facebook or Twitter, you can ask him and he'll respond.
We saw him last year then wanted to go 6 months later but wanted to know if the show was new material or the same stuff more or less that we'd seen earlier.
He replied about 4 hours later. My wife was chuffed to bits!

Isn't Dara's act generally different each show. Yes he has the some set stuff but a lot of his act is based on what the audience do. So you could watch 3 shows in a row and see 70% new stuff in each.
He also speaks at a million miles and hour on stage, takes a few minutes to adjust to him not using his TV voice and understanding what the feck he is saying,

Isn't Dara's act generally different each show. Yes he has the some set stuff but a lot of his act is based on what the audience do. So you could watch 3 shows in a row and see 70% new stuff in each.
He also speaks at a million miles and hour on stage, takes a few minutes to adjust to him not using his TV voice and understanding what the feck he is saying,

No it's nothing like 70% Kenny. It's only those portions where he picks on various people in the audience. But the rest of his show is based around set pieces that he changes from time to time.
If you're looking at %, I'd say 30-35% is 'Audience triggered' stuff.
And yes he does speak remarkably fast!
Thank fuck he hasn't introduced singing into his act.

I remember reading an article on Dara a few years back and he was the one that said around 70% of his gig would change from day to day depending on his audience. The bullshitting Irish git....

Sounds a bit like how Al Murray structures his Pub Lardlord act.

Only got Ross Noble booked in terms of comedy gigs for the rest of the year.

Lee Mack tonight (saw him a few years ago and he was ace)
Lee Evans next week
Jon Richardson & Dave Gorman in October
John Bishop in November
Slight wait then Jimmy Carr in May

No spoilers for Lee Mack kenny, but feedback would be appreciated. I'm off to see him next friday.

Alan Davies booked for November as well. Couple of gigs booked too, & I'm sure I have tickets for another comedian, but can't recall.

When Dara tickets come out (warwick arts centre already has them) I'll be buying.
I would like to go see Tommy Tiernan, Mrk Steel & Rob Newman, but don't have the cash at the moment.

So, was he any good?

Just found out a mate has got tickets to see Nina Conti at the RSC.

Yep, excellant stuff. Interaction with the crowd was good and a genius ending to the show....

And the venue was like a fooking sauna

Where'd you go?
I'm off to see him in Leicester next friday. Sympathy hall tickets were too far back, so couldn't be arsed.
Having seen Nina Conti's show on tv, I think that could be a cracker.

At the Symphony Hall.

As a venue its great they just needed to turn the Air Con on. I would say if you are at the back you would still get a great view as it doesn't go far back. Only downside is if its quiet, you can hear a pin drop and the support act discovered that (Mike Gunn I think his name was)

Back