• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

As above why would you want to see your favourite comedian on an arena tour? Completely ruins the atmosphere and you end up watching the gig on TV screens anyway.

It is a shit list. But like bands I much prefer to see comedians in smaller venues.

Agreed. Jerry Sadowitz in Nottingham was one of the best!
I'm waiting to get tickets to see Miles Jupp next feb. He's playing at the mac, & also the artirix in bromsgrove.
Only waiting as penguin cafe are going to be touring in feb & I wanna make sure I can see both!

As above why would you want to see your favourite comedian on an arena tour? Completely ruins the atmosphere and you end up watching the gig on TV screens anyway.

Point I'm trying to make is that the masses seem to like shit, whilst real quality doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

The masses seem to like what you define as shit... :)

In the words of Super Hans - "People like Coldplay and voting for the Nazis. You can't trust people"

My friends know I'm a music nazi.
Remember taking a girl out on a first date. We got into my car, drove along, bit of chatting started, & she turned the stereo down.
She looked a bit surprised when I asked "what the fuck do you think you're doing?!"

Do NOT touch the stereo in my car without express consent.....

Well I did end up with Miles Jupp tickets. However as the mac gig clashed with penguin cafe, & the artirx had sold out, I'm going to stafford gatehouse instead.
Deeeeelightfully, I had an email off Jerry sadowitz confirming a birmingham show today. Tickets will be bought!

Rich Hall is playing the glee club in march or april. I've seen him before, but am tempted...

Well I did end up with Miles Jupp tickets. However as the mac gig clashed with penguin cafe, & the artirx had sold out, I'm going to stafford gatehouse instead.
Deeeeelightfully, I had an email off Jerry sadowitz confirming a birmingham show today. Tickets will be bought!

Rich Hall is playing the glee club in march or april. I've seen him before, but am tempted...

I met Rich Hall at a comedy festival aftershow a few years ago and he was an absolute gent. No airs and graces, had a drink with us, hung around, was happy to just shoot the shit, not condescending like certain other comedians (Sean Lock, Im looking at you). It was really cool to be able to have a laugh and a beer with a famous comedian. Phil Jupitus was DJ-ing at that same aftershow and he was really nice too.

Did anyone else see Ken Dodd at the civic before christmas? He started quite poorly but got funnier as he went into the 2nd half, he finished at 12:30 so it was a normal finish for him

Just seen Jerry Sadowitz is playing the Crescent Theatre, Birmingham in May.

http://www.crescent-theatre.co.uk/theatre-event.php?EventID=21107

Does anyone who Dapper Laughs is? Selling out everywhere and I've never heard of him.

Ordered my Jerry tickets already. Just waiting for them to arrive.

I've also ordered tickets for Frank Skinner.

Dapper Laughs is allegedly a social media comedian. Apparently he makes funny vines. I saw his tour on an email & had a quick google. I then decided not to buy tickets...

I see Matt King from peep show has announced a tour.

Midnight Beast also.

New series of Stewart Lee's Comedy Vehicle starts Sat March 1st - BBC2 - 10:15pm

Great episode to start the series off too (Stewart Lee).

It's on iPlayer if you missed it.

Back