• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Comedians

Haven't been out for a while.
Miles Jupp is Monday. Looking forward to it! :)

Miles Jupp was good. Part 1 was better than part 2 imo. Had more momentum. Funny & self depreciating.

Anyhow, just seen that Stewart Francis has announced a tour for 2015. I really like him, but buying tickets that far in advance pisses me off.

If you're a fan of Al Murray he's just announced a new Pub Landlord tour for later this year.

Frank Skinner - was ok, thought he was going to be a lot funnier tbh.

Jerry Sadowitz tonight. I know it'll be a treat!

Sadowitz was AWESOME.
Did a lot of close up magic in his show. As well as pissing all over most comedians, he's a brilliant card magician. Some of his tricks had some really unexpected stuff in them, as well as also pissing over other more popular magicians.

Importantly, he was selling cd's of his gobshite album from 1987, which was deleted after 1 day I think (there's a saville sketch on there). Phenomenal! Had to be bought.

Off to the Players Bar in Brum for the opening night of the weekly Manford's Comedy Club this Saturday

£10 to see - MC Mrs Barbara Nice with Alun Cochrane, Paul Tonkinson and Tom Stade

Brilliant night at the Players Bar. Was almost sat on the stage and really feared for a night of being picked on, thankfully a young chap who was massively over dressed for the occasion got the attention.

For £10 it was a bargain night, I would have paid that just to have witnessed the crowd surf from Barbara Nice (aka Holy Mary from Phoenix Nights)

If anyone is at a loose end get yourself tickets for the Comedy Night. - www.manfordscomedyclub.co.uk

I'd like to join that club please.

imo feilding is shite. I posted in case anyone else might be interested.
Glad to see many of you have excellent taste!

I loved The Mighty Boosh and I think he's good on Buzzcocks. Not keen on his 'solo' work though.

Rob Newman is doing the slade rooms again in october. Didn't go last time, so really should this I think.
I'd also really like to see Tommy Tiernan at the town hall in brum, also in october.

Mark Steel will be at the wulfrun, again in october!

We're a bit starved of live entertainment down 'ere in Devon, so I've never actually seen a live comedian, in the flesh. But Sunday night, my lady and I have tickets to see Craig Campbell who I saw do a brief turn on Live at the Apollo ages ago. Anyone seen his live show recently? Any good?

Only seen Craig Campbell once and that was supporting Frankie Boyle. Never got round to seeing him do his own show.

Back