• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 18/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm dreading this, 4.0 by half time. I can't bring myself to watch it, so will just look at the result later.

Don't get the despair. Of course it's very likely we'll lose - we're playing the best team in the country but I'm looking forward to seeing how we do.

We won't be playing the likes of Chelsea anytime soon so evenings like this should be exciting. We've nothing to lose - Chelsea are expected to win comfortably so I just hope we see a decent performance.

I daresay the players will be up for it - slightly moreso than against Wigan.

Don't get the despair. Of course it's very likely we'll lose - we're playing the best team in the country but I'm looking forward to seeing how we do.

We won't be playing the likes of Chelsea anytime soon so evenings like this should be exciting. We've nothing to lose - Chelsea are expected to win comfortably so I just hope we see a decent performance.

I daresay the players will be up for it - slightly moreso than against Wigan.

Agreed, If we can take some positives forward from todays game whatever the result we can approach the league fixtures with a better mindset. So I'm just hopeful of a good Wolves team performance.

Think we'll hold them off for a while but they'll score midway through the second half.

Free game today really. Anything other than an absolute spanking will be a positive so they can go out and play without pressure. Hopefully a few of our kids get minutes under their belt against a quality team as well.

Shirt and lucky underpants already on.

Ready to go already.

I cant drink this week - i am driving. Never mind. I'll make up for it when I get home!

Totally agree with you gents.

Don't get why people aren't looking forward to it!

Shirt and lucky underpants already on.

Ready to go already.

I cant drink this week - i am driving. Never mind. I'll make up for it when I get home!

Just about to leave - driving as well, but as I am staying over can drink :)

Looking forward to this - hopefully we give a good account of ourselves whatever the outcome - there is always hope of an upset at this stage of the day

Sadly even my normally optimistic self can see nothing other than defeat today. I'm hoping we can take the lead and make it interesting though! 91st minute would do.
Even so however, I'm still anticipating this far more than I did the perhaps more important Wigan game.

Knowing our lot we would take the lead in the 91 st, concede an equaliser in the 92 and and Mr Gloves gives away a 95 th minute penalty! Still its a game to look forward to. Let's hope the ref hates blue and bought his cards!

4-0 to them. First goal after about 15 mins, procession thereafter. My positive is a Burnley, Boro, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea 6 fold pays just under 5/1. Seems like buying money, but one of them will not come in.

Got something similar with a Tomer Hemed anytime to boost it to 150/1 Used my £2 free Aguero bet so no loss

The odds are on Chelsea to win, comfortably. However, it's the FA Cup and anything can happen in ninety minutes. I don't agree with some of my friends on The Wolves Forum that a cup exit would be favourite, leaving us to concentrate upon survival in the Second Division. I'd love to see The Wolves beat the best team in the land. The FA Cup is still 'magic' for me, even though those that have hijacked the game for monetary reasons are luke-warm about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is magic in this fixture. I would love to be there today but not possible. However we are realistically massive massive outsiders.

Not sure that the extra games we might have in the cup should have any real bearing on our ability (or lack of) to deal with the league - even if we make the final then (ignoring replays) it's only 4 games from here.

Having said that despite wanting something different it is more likely to only be this one anyway unless the Chelsea team are all out on the piss tonight.

Our real league problem is total & absolute inconsistency - beat Newcastle away & lose to Wigan at home

Don't you think the impending game against Chelsea in the FA Cup had an effect on the match against Wigan?

I have seen it over and over again where players have one eye on the 'glamour' game coming up and don't seem to give their all. We need to concentrate on the league or the worst could happen and it will be no compensation saying 'well we had a good FA Cup run'.

Don't you think the impending game against Chelsea in the FA Cup had an effect on the match against Wigan?

I have seen it over and over again where players have one eye on the 'glamour' game coming up and don't seem to give their all. We need to concentrate on the league or the worst could happen and it will be no compensation saying 'well we had a good FA Cup run'.
I'm not sure it did to be honest, we were tepid and poor just as we were against Burton and I don't put that down to one eye of the cup. Of the team that started against Wigan there is only Ikeme, Doherty, Costa and Edwards who you'd say were certainties to play v Chelsea. The majority of the team were more likely to play today if they played well on Tuesday, they couldn't afford to have one eye on the cup.

The idea that this game today doesn't matter, or that we should want it out of the way so we can concentrate on the league, is just nonsense. Win the next two games and we are at Wembley and yes, I know Chelsea stand in the way but if fans and players can't get themselves up for a game like today then I despair. Then again, as a Wolves fan I've done a lot of despairing over the last few seasons...

The one selection I'm really hoping to see is Romain Saiss because he should be in good physical condition and match fit after his time in Africa. As we can see with the condition of Ben Marshall that match fitness is easily lost without games. Give him an opportunity please Paul Lambert.

I would happily take relegation this season if it meant winning The FA Cup. Stays on your Honours List forever and the fans never forget it. How many Birmingham fans would exchange winning the League Cup for staying in the Premier League ?

COYW ! BELIEVE !!

I would happily take relegation this season if it meant winning The FA Cup. Stays on your Honours List forever and the fans never forget it. How many Birmingham fans would exchange winning the League Cup for staying in the Premier League ?

COYW ! BELIEVE !!

Would you take losing in the FA Cup final and relegation?

BBC says that Dicko has an hamstring injury unless its a typo.

My positive is a Burnley, Boro, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea 6 fold pays just under 5/1. Seems like buying money, but one of them will not come in.
At least it was the first one and not Chelsea that let you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back