• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 18/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played left side of a back two or three for Morocco in the AFCON.

Played left hand side of 2 centre backs at his french club according to reports when we signed him.

And at 6 ft 3 looks like he could do a job there. Wouldn't it be lovely to have a capable calm ball playing centre back. Even if he was told to hoof it his accuracy is going to be higher than any other centre half.

He's got the mobility of a skip so we could only really pair him with Hause or Iorfa, neither of whom are playing at the moment.

--------------------Ikeme
Iorfa----------Willo------Hause-------Doherty
--------------Evans------Saiss
--------Costa------Ronan-------Weimann
--------------------Bod

I am not sure that either Bod or Dicko deserve to be anywhere near the starting line up, but as Lambert decided we did not need to sign a forward then I suppose one of them must play. Which shows how bad things have become.

Our dreadful league form has really taken the shine off this for me and I am now just wanting it to be over to get on with trying to get some more league points, imagine that will change nearer kick off, although sadly will be watching this on my phone as don't have BT or Sky Sports so was hoping for it being on BBC so no doubt that's having some impact on the idea of the game.

How is Prince Oniagnue doing on loan? noticed he has scored 2 in 4 games according to Wiki although his page is well out of date so not sure how reliable that is, I was so on board with Lambert the other week but now I am a tad luke warm.

I am not sure that either Bod or Dicko deserve to be anywhere near the starting line up, but as Lambert decided we did not need to sign a forward then I suppose one of them must play. Which shows how bad things have become.

Paul Gladon!!

Donovan Wilson scored again for the U23s tonight in a draw against Stoke U23s...Is he any good? Made the bench last night

Did he? My terrible memory told me he came on as a sub! Wishful thinking probaby!

20 mins... he started!

And to be fair (and ive said this more than once) he did no worse than Bod upfront on his own with no support at all.
Apparently since then hes had some shockers in the U23's though (as well as scoring a hatrick in 1 match)

He was definitely worse than Bod, he didn't appear to have the vaguest idea what the offside law is. He genuinely looked like a League Two or worse player parachuted in, like a Dutch Matt Rhead or something.

--------------------Ikeme
Iorfa----------Willo------Hause-------Doherty
--------------Evans------Saiss
--------Costa------Ronan-------Weimann
--------------------Bod

Roughly this for me apart from possibly Price for Evans. (would also have no problem with Burgoyne coming in for Ikeme - it's the only way he is going to learn & he showed v Pool that he has some ability & not sure that it weakens us much)

Most important starter for me is Williamson, not because he is such a commanding, superb CH, but because he's the only one we have who has any ability to coordinate the defence during the match - & we will need that more than ever in this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back