• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) Build-Up & Match Thread 18/2/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's Ikeme. He really pisses me off with it. He runs out pretending to try and play it quickly and then deliberately runs into players and then gestures that he can't do it because they are in the way.

Me too - massive fraud.

During Romain Saiss last season in France he played mostly as the player in front of a back four in a 4-1-4-1 system or the central player of a midfield three in a 4-3-3.

I would take a 3-0 defeat now to be honest. I would be expecting that result if we had won the last 3 in the League and played awesome as well

Expecting something similar to the last time we played them.

A game to watch from behind the settee, I fear.

We either score early and it becomes the alamo, or we get utterly and completely spanked from minute one to minute ninety.

I really cannot see any way we can even hope to live with a top drawer Chelsea selection.

After what's happened in the league recently, I think it would be better if we lose against Chelsea, which would be no shame, so we can concentrate on the league.

We have 7 games in 3 weeks from Feb 24th when we play B-ham, so realistically we have to keep our squad as fresh and fit as we can, and extra games in the FA Cup will only detract from that.

Saying this really hurts, but we have to face facts and not ignore the situation.

After what's happened in the league recently, I think it would be better if we lose against Chelsea, which would be no shame, so we can concentrate on the league.

We have 7 games in 3 weeks from Feb 24th when we play B-ham, so realistically we have to keep our squad as fresh and fit as we can, and extra games in the FA Cup will only detract from that.

Saying this really hurts, but we have to face facts and not ignore the situation.

Not sure that the extra games we might have in the cup should have any real bearing on our ability (or lack of) to deal with the league - even if we make the final then (ignoring replays) it's only 4 games from here.

Having said that despite wanting something different it is more likely to only be this one anyway unless the Chelsea team are all out on the piss tonight.

Our real league problem is total & absolute inconsistency - beat Newcastle away & lose to Wigan at home

A five one stuffing awaits unless they get one or two sent off. Let's live in hope. Fast start, a bit of luck and some dodgy decisions and you never know !

The 1 for us I can believe - 5 for them depends on who is picked for our defence

Think Williamson is key, not because he is such a superb CH, but that he is the only one we have who has any in game organising ability (Batth & Stearman as the other 'senior' players in that position don't seem to have that attribute) - once they are on the pitch the Manager won't be able to get any instructions on as if nothing else it will be noisy tomorrow

Dave Edwards up next on Talksport's preview of the game

My [small amount] of money is on Chelsea 3-1/Costa any time. I think Edwards has dried up. Our strikers have signed a no-goal bonus. So it's down to Costa. I don't see them absolutely killing us if they're somewhat 2nd string, so I'm going 3-1.

Sadly even my normally optimistic self can see nothing other than defeat today. I'm hoping we can take the lead and make it interesting though! 91st minute would do.
Even so however, I'm still anticipating this far more than I did the perhaps more important Wigan game.

4-0 to them. First goal after about 15 mins, procession thereafter. My positive is a Burnley, Boro, Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea 6 fold pays just under 5/1. Seems like buying money, but one of them will not come in.

Fall behind early chase the game and get caught on the break I predict 0-2 or 0-3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back