• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Burnley (H, LC) 28/8: Build-Up & Match Thread

Deutsch Wolf

Sponsored by Amazon Prime. DM me for discounts...
Reaction score
I don't actually know how you construct a team I'd actually be confident in AND protect the first XI ahead of a huge game at Forest.

-----------------------Benjamin---------------------

Lima------------Dawson--------S Bueno------Lembikisa

---------------Doyle---------Traoré-----------------------

--------Chiquinho--------Podence--------Sarabia----

------------------------Hwang---------------------------

Maybe. I know I don't trust Bentley or Doherty to play against anyone and I never want to see Guedes. I can't say I'd put any money on us winning though.

2023/24: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2021/22: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2020/21: L 0-4 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2019/20: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2018/19: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: L 1-2 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: W 2-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2008/09: W 2-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2007/08: L 2-3 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2006/07: W 2-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/06: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2004/05: W 2-0 (H), D 1-1 (A), D 1-1 (A, LC, lost on pens)
2003/04: W 2-0 (H, LC)
2002/03: W 3-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2001/02: W 3-0 (H), W 3-2 (A)
2000/01: W 1-0 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1994/95: W 2-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)

I think it'll probably be that team bar people leaving. Exceptions being Bentley, Doherty at LB and Guedes instead of Hwang.

Frankly, I'd play the team that just got spanked as punishment. Burnley won't be a push over and I'm tired of putting out teams just to give other players a run out. Let's treat our games more seriously and make players earn their spot in the first team. If someone gets injured, so be it. Our first choice players need to gel and understand their roles better than they did yesterday. I don't like token run outs just because someone hasn't played yet.

I think it'll probably be that team bar people leaving. Exceptions being Bentley, Doherty at LB and Guedes instead of Hwang.

Yeah, hopefully Doherty starts.

Meaning he is absolutely near the squad on Saturday.

Bentley

Semedo Dawson S.Bueno Lima

Sarabia Bouba Doyle Chiquinho

Podence Guedes

Game time for Semedo, he's more than capable of playing 2 games in a week.

Bentley
Lima Dawson Bueno Toti
Bouba Doyle
Sarabia Podence Rodrigo
Guedes
That’s what I’d go with. Although realistically I’d rather not play Bentley. Try Toti at LB. I think eventually he’ll get replaced in the starting PL 11 anyway (Gaz will buckle and bring Dawson back in next to Yerson for his experience if we don’t sign anyone else) - so you might as well let him have the minutes. I think we all know it’ll be Doc, though. This would have been a good match for Hugo to play in, but we decided to loan him out and leave ourselves with one left back at the club instead.

Wouldn’t mind if Chiquinho plays, but he wasn’t in the matchday squad yesterday so I reckon he might go out on loan.

They'll be counting you as attended regardless 😂

Yeah I know. It's just been pointed out to me that it's a 7:30 KO as well so I'll be missing the first 10 either way.

I reckon maybe 13k, there are loads left

On TV as well isn't it?
Don't think so, although stand to be corrected.

Forest v Newcastle is on Sky Sports Main Event (and Sky Sports Football - I mean, you have an extra channel, why put the same game on?!), West Ham v Bournemouth is listed on Sky Sports Plus.

They'll be counting you as attended regardless 😂
It's bollocks, but it's always gone on hasn't it?

Well at least since the early 90s when it was a good tax fiddle to say there were less attending.

Yes all the games are on Sky Sports +

Not quite sure how it works - some kind of red button scenario I guess.
Yep, exactly this or if you're watching through the mobile app you can choose which game you want.

It works well.

Yes all the games are on Sky Sports +

Not quite sure how it works - some kind of red button scenario I guess.
Oh nice one - the Sky Sports subscription finally comes in useful.

Back