• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bristol City v Wolves - Awful Verdict Thread.

Anyone who thought this squad was on the up got a deserved wake up call today. Still 5 players from a good side. Still struggle without the starting duo of Costa and Cav as our midfield and defence is not up to scratch. Brizzle won at a canter

We were bloody woeful today.

Dicko went to pot after fluffing the chance in the first 10.

Doherty was woeful. Shocking work for the penalty.

Evans had an absolute mare for the third but didn't shy away from the ball. He didn't do much with it though - but the movement up top was non existent.

Watched the highlights - few questions from me.

Is Dicko's "easy" chance the one where Coady whips it in at waist level and Dicko goes for the volley but misses it? Or was there an easier chance that wasn't included in the highlights?

Edwards losing his man for the first goal, although it's difficult to actually tell if that's his man or not as the whole midfield appear to be chasing shadows. Good finish, though.

Is that Doherty giving away the penalty? PL has said he needs some competition to stay at a good level, but we've done nothing about it. Sounds like Doherty had a stinker but you just know he'll be starting the next game.

What the actual fuck is Danny Batth doing for their third? Absolutely shocking defending and Lonergan had gone for a walk.

In a way, it's not a bad thing this happened. We've papered over the cracks the last few weeks and (not that they need it), it'll serve as a reminder to all the hierarchy what needs to be done over the summer. I just feel sorry for the fans who went.

Pleased for Bod, but that's about the only positive.

Back to reality with a bump we have far too many sub standard players for a promotion push and I hope they realise that. Doc doesn't need competition he needs replacing you can't have someone that cocks up as much as he does irrespective of his forward work.

I am still far from convinced Evans is good enough although I would like to see him along Price or Saiss for a run of games.

Fact is if Edwards, Batth & Doc play regularly next season we will be mid table fodder once again.

I would start Bod for Brighton, Dicko has had more than enough time to get some form together and hasn't.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

You could well believe that those players had all been told that we were completely safe from relegation (though we probably are) & that they were all guaranteed a spot on next years squad & didn't have to try anymore - they didn't!

Impossible to give them scores as we would end up with some minus figures - only one for me who came anywhere close to an adequate rating would be Hause, though even then the number would not be that big.

Truth is Bristol needed it so much more than we did & it showed.

Only MoTM I can give is to Darlo for his endurance & fleetness of foot whilst being taken up & down some of Bristol's hilly streets whilst on crutches as we moved between watering holes.:)

Fortunately there was sun, beer & good company so not a completely wasted day.

Sat in the home end with a City mate as couldn't get an away ticket a few things stood out:
1 - Why Bristol didn't give the full end to away fans when they had a whole upper stand virtually empty?
2 - Bristol fans amazed Wolves played mainly down the middle when Brentford had ripped City to shreds down both wings with 2 modest wingers.
3 - How shit Batth's distribution was and how awful Doherty was all round. Neither deserve retaining their places next game and let alone next season
4 - What the hell was Evan's doing on the third goal? - time and a place for trying flash stuff, but not when 2 down, on the edge of the area and chasing a game.

Ideally major change of personnel and tactics for Friday.

Attachments

• brizzle.jpg
    brizzle.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 28
Weiman needs to play up front, no messing around with Dicko or Bod. If we dont have Costa shove Bod out wide, but not Weimann

Bod out wide, are you Glenn Hoddle ? LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Weirdly I wouldn't mind Bod out there if Costa is unfit hes hardly Steffen Iversen or Carl Cort! With Graham and Zyro nearing fitness Marshall could also go out to the right. Either way I agree Weimann should be our striker, I would honestly loan Dicko next season and see if he can get some form back, the current Dicko is nowhere near good enough for us.

Bod ended up out wide often as Lonergan's kicks had very random direction

Problem then was that no one else went into the middle anyway

Bod is good at getting forward with the ball at his feet, he's shit at scoring. Why on earth would you play him in the middle?

Edit - he reminds me of a very poor man's Welbeck

Watched the highlights - few questions from me.

Is Dicko's "easy" chance the one where Coady whips it in at waist level and Dicko goes for the volley but misses it? Or was there an easier chance that wasn't included in the highlights?

Edwards losing his man for the first goal, although it's difficult to actually tell if that's his man or not as the whole midfield appear to be chasing shadows. Good finish, though.

Is that Doherty giving away the penalty? PL has said he needs some competition to stay at a good level, but we've done nothing about it. Sounds like Doherty had a stinker but you just know he'll be starting the next game.

What the actual $#@! is Danny Batth doing for their third? Absolutely shocking defending and Lonergan had gone for a walk.

In a way, it's not a bad thing this happened. We've papered over the cracks the last few weeks and (not that they need it), it'll serve as a reminder to all the hierarchy what needs to be done over the summer. I just feel sorry for the fans who went.

Pleased for Bod, but that's about the only positive.

Two chances before that.
#1; He ran diagonally to the right side of the box and fired a shot across the face of the goal, just passed the left hand post but the "sitter" was shortly after that...
#2; he was played in, great through ball by Evans(I think), one on one with the keeper but didn't score. He was on his left foot, not right but should that really matter? His head dropped immediately

Why has a 1v1 not made the highlights but a tame cross he hangs a leg out at has?

I assume wolves won't be offering any reasonable highlights at any time?

Why has a 1v1 not made the highlights but a tame cross he hangs a leg out at has?

I assume wolves won't be offering any reasonable highlights at any time?

I thought both of those chances would be on the highlights to be honest. The first one had the keeper scrambling across his goal and had it been on target I don't think he'd of got there. The second chance I think Nouha tried to lift it over the keeper but had got too close to him and allowed Fielding to smother the shot

Back