• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bring it on....

Never been my thing, but other than it resulting in shit kick of times the fighting and agro element doesn’t particularly bother me. I guess that's because it was an every match occurance when I started going, so nothing out of the ordinary.

It's the puerile stuff as seen on here, the childish name calling and petty arguments like Wolverhampton not being in the Black Country and their ground being in Birmingham which I find the most tedious

At least it's not a "bubble" trip. £16 for a coach :oops:

I haven't done an away in years and only used the coaches as a last resort anyway but overcharging for the travel and then giving it back in Wolves Cash is outrageous!

Has that, been that way for a while or new?

Do I like Albion? Absolutely not they’re our biggest local rival and I will enjoy it if we win.
Nevertheless it’s not hatred levels, football should at no point evoke that emotion.
It’s a game that brings out the worse behaviour of those in attendance. Atmosphere is feverish and very contagious.
100% expect there to be some kind of trouble and people justifying it because it’s the BCD.
The fact we’ve not played this in front of fans for 12 years adds to it as does the fact we’re rapidly approaching 3 decades since our last win at the Hawthorns.
Combine the fact that one team is in a higher division, I’d be right in thinking that that’s not happened this side of WW2 or even ever.
The main reason I want to win is to get into R5 and have a cup run.

At least it's not a "bubble" trip. £16 for a coach :oops:
Guessing the companies are expecting to get damaged coaches back and will play hell with their insurance policy, so paying for a brick to be thrown at you or something

Exactly, they did it in direct response to the Tesco carrier bag song. It was quite funny. Doing anything similar would be hugely unimaginative. Not to mention, carrier bags didn't cost 30p in 2007 😂
Never quite understand this mentality, May not lt be original, but it's pay back time, but calling us Dingles is not original, we called them Bennies 40 years ago.

It's a lot like Albion being allowed to Play Liquidator us not, Despite the exact same words being sung, Just change West Brom to Wolves.

Football is littered with one club doing it and the other If England had done at Hampden what Scotland did at Wembley, parliament, the FA, BBC etc would have been going fucking Nuts, yet it was funny for Scotland.

Maybe it's the smaller club thing, they get to do things and we are told not to.

There was a song about Lee Hughes police warned of arrests for singing it, yet fuck all said by the police about the countless songs about Bully, and Billy Wright.

Fuck em, don't give a fuck what everyone else thinks I hope as many as possible take bags leave them.

Oh and yes a 6-0 thumping with massive possession stats, to shut them up about 5-1 would be fucking awesome.

It's not even comparable to us giving them the South Bank, those with season tickets in the Halfords Lane side of the Smethwick End buy them knowing that if they get a big cup game they won't be able to sit there.

Also Wolves can play the Liquidator now if they wanted, they choose not to because they don't want to be that kind of club. Having an organised 'fuck off' at 2 minutes to 3 isn't the atmosphere they want to create.

If the Lee Hughes song is the one about his girlfriend then it wasn't banned and nobody was arrested.

The best man at my wedding was an Albion STH, one of the nicest people on the planet.......................apologies to all those that need to hate them

Anyone leaving a bag just makes themselves look at best an unoriginal thinker, and more realistically rather stupid

People ask why I and many others can’t abide the BCD. It’s this sort of cuntery nicely mixed with a volatile atmosphere meaning it is rather likely to all kick off and that then results in a police state and a less enjoyable day for those that don’t wish to act like morons.

The best man at my wedding was an Albion STH, one of the nicest people on the planet.......................apologies to all those that need to hate them
I have plenty of Friends as well as a Brother in law, who are Albion, messages coming thick and fast.

It's a 90 Minute hatred.
I will still have the customers who are Albion in the bar next time they are over, guy who lives over here will still have a beer with him, preferably the one I will get off him for beating them and not the one I have to buy if we lose.

Had messages from the Villa Fans that head over twice a year, and give me loads if Stick, asking us to batter them

My partner is an Albion fan, as are all his family. I'm not at hatred levels but I'd love a bit of bragging after the bragging I took for the 5-1 loss!

He was gutted we won yesterday. He's terrified we're going to stuff 'em.

I would quite like to bury that away day hoodoo as it's quite ridiculous, even allowing for the relative lack of games in the last 20 years. I was 15 last time we won there FFS. We've even won at Oxford, Middlesbrough, Brighton and Huddersfield since then. Still listen to the same music as then, mind.

Never quite understand this mentality, May not lt be original, but it's pay back time, but calling us Dingles is not original, we called them Bennies 40 years ago.

It's a lot like Albion being allowed to Play Liquidator us not, Despite the exact same words being sung, Just change West Brom to Wolves.

Football is littered with one club doing it and the other If England had done at Hampden what Scotland did at Wembley, parliament, the FA, BBC etc would have been going fucking Nuts, yet it was funny for Scotland.

Maybe it's the smaller club thing, they get to do things and we are told not to.

There was a song about Lee Hughes police warned of arrests for singing it, yet fuck all said by the police about the countless songs about Bully, and Billy Wright.

Fuck em, don't give a fuck what everyone else thinks I hope as many as possible take bags leave them.

Oh and yes a 6-0 thumping with massive possession stats, to shut them up about 5-1 would be fucking awesome.

Correlation ≠ causation

Albion left Tesco carrier bags because we sang always shit on the Tesco carrier bag.

Albion don't sing always shit on the Sainsbury's carrier bag so leaving orange bags isn't the gotcha you think it is.

It adds no value whatsoever*

Singing about Billy Wright was abhorrent but indicative of the times along with Munich/Istanbul/Hillsborough/Matthew Harding chants.

Lee Hughes chants only received attention as it went after his then girlfriend too but nobody was arrested anyway.

A club with a global audience doesn't want a song being broadcast attracting loud, swearing. It's a club call these days and one I agree with. How many of the other 19 clubs in the league have swear word lyrics in their song as the teams come out?

*except to my bonus.

Back