• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (A) 26/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

As SSB suggested a couple of weeks ago, when I looked last night there were still tickets available.

You know I had spent most of today convincing myself that we could get something. Not sure Brighton had been quite as good as their results, high line makes them vulnerable if we can get in behind them etc

Then I read Jinky’s post. Maybe he just wants the pay off.
I do wonder if he's given up and just waiting for the sack as he knows it's inevitable now.

It didn’t help that at the end of pre-season GON decided we didn’t have the players to do what he wanted so he ripped up all of his plans 🤡
Yes, he's guilty of naivety for believing them there, but that's really on Hobbs and Shi more than him.

All that said prime VVD would have struggled in a back 4 the way he played it at the start of the season

Gaz presser.

- Sam Johnstone has trained most of the week and should be fine for tomorrow. Gaz stated that he is "absolutely clear on who the best goalkeeper is to start tomorrow v Brighton". It's going to be fucking Johnstone isn't it? :sick:
If it's Sa then GoN is a genius (but we've wasted 10m on SJ).

If it's SJ then we wont see Sa until GoN gets sacked on Monday

Gomes III essentially told to sort his shit out in training if he wants to play games.

If it's Johnstone then it's because he's been told he has to play him imo, so we won't see Sa again whatever.
You're probably right. I don't understand why GoN needed to say he knows who the "best goalkeeper is" - it's definitely going to piss someone off

Yes, he's guilty of naivety for believing them there, but that's really on Hobbs and Shi more than him.

All that said prime VVD would have struggled in a back 4 the way he played it at the start of the season
No set of players on the planet can play how he wants to play. It just isn't sustainable as he can't set up a defence.

Bielsa proved murderball can't work over a long period. Klopp knew he couldn't have everybody in the Gegenpress for 90 minutes yet this idiot tried with players that weren't suited for it.

It's beyond stupid.

O'Neil is a yes man who got a nice pay rise in the summer to put up with this sort of shit.
Yeah with the Sa/Johnstone issue it feels like Shi is driving it, so as others have said Gary is too much of a yes man. I'd have more respect for him if he just walked.

Yeah with the Sa/Johnstone issue it feels like Shi is driving it, so as others have said Gary is too much of a yes man. I'd have more respect for him if he just walked.
It's got nothing to do with Shi. Sa will be sold regardless of how he performs.

The second Shi tells him who to pick should be the second he walks out and has a cast iron claim for constructive dismissal.

If he plays Johnstone this weekend then he’s trolling his squad and supporters after last week’s performance. Sa was given MOTM by Sky wasn’t he?

If it's Johnstone then it's because he's been told he has to play him imo, so we won't see Sa again whatever.

If it's Johnstone it'll be because he thinks Sá is terrible in possession and far too likely to do something mental.

He'd right about that as well but unfortunately Johnstone is just so mid that the positives don't come anywhere close to outweighing the negatives.

Back