• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 2-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Doubled our points total for the season!

Dreadful first half and a rubbish time to concede as per usual. HT changes were needed, we grew into the game and we were playing quite well and pushing for an equaliser until Brighton got their 2nd goal. I was as surprised as anybody when we went and scored another. Limbs in the away end as they say.

Never been a happy hunting ground at the AMEX but definitely positive signs in the 2nd half. We absolutely have to stick with that lineup and formation for the next few games, or what are we even playing for?

He won't be sacked after today with two very winnable games coming up. Lose those though and he's toast. You may not agree with that and want rid now but Shi isn't going to sack him yet and we all know it. Especially after a point away from home.

Revert back to the starting formation/lineup and I'll be joining everyone in calling for his head.

Last edited:
We scored two but we were shit for most of the game. I’d rather have Derry in charge.

That was not very good at all but we at least showed a bit of intent in the 2nd half and could be a huge point going into these next 2 home games if we actually bother to try and win them

Well, the spirit is there. In fact there's ability there, this isn't a team that should be going along at about 0.2PPG. So fair play for coming back when all seemed lost and getting at least something on the board, which we desperately needed and pretty much all of us would have taken before kick off.

But seriously, you cannot set up that way to start with. 8 defenders and 2 attackers might sort of fly against Man City because realistically, you're often deciding how many you lose by. Not against pretty much anyone else. Just awful. I've seen it compared to a non-league team playing a PL team in the FA Cup and that's about right. Abysmal ball retention, no plan and well, there you have it with last week's "template".

No you can't rely on José Sa, he is a fucking clown. He will always do ridiculous things. He's been doing it here right from the very start of his Wolves career and he's too old to change.

No you cannot just send out a team with an extra CH and hope that solves everything. It doesn't solve anything most of the time.

We did ok second half and we were the better team, but we're not in a position to be able to throw away entire halves of football just hoping the opposition don't score.

I'd still sack him tonight, but there's a 0% chance of that happening after how the game ended.

You just have to laugh at football sometimes. Sa gives them a gift and then Brighton have a 4v 1 situation they fuck up and we equalize. An interesting end to an insipid game.

We clearly went there with a game plan to keep it tight and hopefully grab a point and ultimately, that's how it worked out.

Yet again, we made too many mistakes giving the ball away and were forced to go after the game. Much will be made of Sa's error but Doyle won't be held to account for his horror miss.

Credit to GON for switching to a back four at half time but you have to question what Brighton were up to as we were clearly there for the taking. Hopefully that is the bit of luck and result that starts to turn around our season but there is no question we have a soft underbelly. I'll always take a point at Brighton given our past history. Still have visions of Peter Ward raging war against us.

Never in doubt. Enough to keep him in a job which could well be a case of one point forwards, two steps backwards. An unexpected comeback shouldn’t paper over one point in half a season.

So shit that we can fight back to a result in that fashion and have it be joyless.

Not on track for 4.2 points anymore!

Feel bad for Forbs. Largely responsible for putting Brighton on the back foot in the second half, then gets hooked at the end.

Gaz is a shocking manager & it’s a shame that scraping a point today will save his ass. That first half was horrendous.

Feel bad for Forbs. Largely responsible for putting Brighton on the back foot in the second half, then gets hooked at the end.
Well Brighton's second goal is his fault. Appalling play.

He wasn't very good tbh and I'm someone who's been calling for his inclusion. Sarabia was way more of an influence.

im hoping it gives the players the lift they needed tbh. we need to win games even if none of us agree with who is charge.
Definitely a little confidence boost going into the next two.

I've bought a ticket for Southampton so I can witness in person the crushing disappointment of the "winnable game".

Back