• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 1 v Wolves 1 - verdct thread

Got to view that as 4 points dropped vs BHA this season.

Part of our problem is that apart from bringing on Dicko (which we did) there are no other real attacking options if the starting 11 is not getting through.

Got to view that as 4 points dropped vs BHA this season.

Absolutely. But equally today has seen us gain a point on the playoff contenders. Forget the top sides, they are gone. We are in a league of three teams and need to win it.

Brentford's loss is huge for us. Should give us a bit of impetus, if it were needed.

Sounded like we could have snatched it at the end, according to KJ.

Saw the goal. Definitely VLP's.

Brentford's loss is huge for us. Should give us a bit of impetus, if it were needed.

Sounded like we could have snatched it at the end, according to KJ.

Listening to that, just get the impression of a little bit of frustration from Kenny that we didn't do enough to get over the line today. Suspect that there will be an in depth analysis of that game on Monday.

Did we switch to 4-4-2 once Dicko came on?

Tim Nash said Afobe dropped deeper so with that info......yeah we went 4-4-2.

A point gained. We are a point closer to Brentford. The play offs are now a definite possibility.

just got back phone died in the second half so i couldnt give any info on the game (sorry) and then got stuck on the m25 coming back 2 hours to do one junction :(

To be fair it wasnt a good game but a fair result, shame sako couldnt put away that last min chance and shame i couldnt control myself when he hit it as i thought it was in and i jumped in the row infront of me lol.

My point on the game wolves didnt look half as dangerous on the attack as we should be and for me henry playing that no 10 role isnt working the amount of times sako went in the middle and went missing while henry was going to the wing position and then the middle position or somewhere between caused nothing but confusion to who was playing where imo.

Sako for me had a poor game.
Kuszczak for me is a very average goalie i would rather play McCarey, the goal he let in today was awful.

my MOTM : McDonald tho it wasnt his best game he always kept looking for a pass forward even tho the players he was passing to failed to even run for it.

Im off to bed

ya and £13 to park my car near the ground lol #ripoff lol good day out tho and took my mom for mothers day so i can sleep tomorrow without having to do anything :D

Every cloud has a silver lining then! Thank you for the in-match posts, they are much appreciated.

Saw the Brighton goal, first impression is that Kuszczak should be saving it, went through him. The again our goal was proper spawny so maybe fair. Let's get a home win on tuesday and put some more pressure on Ipswich and Brentford

Makes you appreciate what we have in Ikeme, the sooner he is back the better. I'm sure he would have saved at least a couple of the goals Kuszczak has conceded as well as not contributed the numerous flaps and general lack of confidence that the defence has in him. As a Championship number 2 Kuszczak is ok, but Ikeme is a top notch Championship keeper.

Ikeme is due back for the Easter games.

Great day out to the Amex, friendly bunch of fans, live music playing outside, police and stewards were friendly too.

First half, I thought on the whole they played in our half and our defence coped really well, all four of them.

Second half, we took the game to them more but a draw in reflection is probably a fair result although we created more scoring chances.

Scores on the door

Thomas 4 sorry but he should have saved that! He did not have a lot to do he was well sheltered by the defence and what he had to do he flapped at.

Doc 6 a good outlet and linked up well with the wingers, his end delivery is better than RVP....

Batth 7 Solid at the back, blocked, headed, tackled and was generally strong at the back

Stears 8 MOTM Mopped up any danger at the back, speed when needed, put his body on the line, good game

Hause 7 Good game for Hause, played well, stuck to his task defended well

Price 5 thought he had a poor game, not really in it and made no impact on the game

KMac 6 had a tougher task with Price going missing, always an outlet but again the midfield tended to get over run

Van la Parra 4 flatters to deceive, he is lightweight in the tackle or on the ball, his deliveries are $$$$ poor, the goal was another $$$$ poor cross that got lucky, should have been subbed instead of Henry

Henry 5 I think he is better on the wing rather than the critical role of a number 10.

Sako 6 a bit hit and miss, not many of his runs today but a couple of good strikes, one at the end would have sealed it

Afobe 8 takes up great positions, had a great strike on target which caused a great save from their goalie first half

Sub

Dicko 7 caused them problems, lively and set up Sako right at the end...

Kenny 6 time to bench Van la Parra and send him to the gym to man the $$$$ up

Ref 8 Let the game flow, was even handed, firm with players

Crowd 9 Fantastic away support, travelled in numbers and backed the team

Excellent reports Edge and Dazza, sounds like if you want a good away day Brighton is a good choice

Excellent reports Edge and Dazza, sounds like if you want a good away day Brighton is a good choice

Brighton go out of their way to make the game a good place for visiting fans.

Stewards outside the ground very helpful and friendly, Stewards inside the ground very friendly, staff serving very customer focused, police very friendly, interacted and chatted with the fans.

All in all, light years ahead of what we present to be honest

Stewards outside the ground very helpful and friendly, Stewards inside the ground very friendly, staff serving very customer focused, police very friendly, interacted and chatted with the fans.

All in all, light years ahead of what we present to be honest
I've said in the past couple of fan's surveys, the Wolves pre-match team should take note of what other team's do and perhaps look at having a shake up of our own "entertainment"

Back