• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boro 2 - Wolves 1. A what did I expect verdict thread

I know, that was tongue in cheek for kenny..we wont get relegated so just $#@!ing go for it for once :) especially at home

How very very fucking true - I really really couldn't give a shit if we got dicked 11-3 just to see us trying to show something other than the crap they are serving us now and for the last Chris knows how long now

Exactly fizzwolf

I play 5aside every Friday night with mainly Wolves fans and was really tempted to give it a miss to watch this just prior to kick off. I went to play anyway. I think I made the right decision though I did catch the last 13 minutes plus injury time.

Surprise surprise, the £3m striker Sackett can't figure out how to play made an impact AGAIN.

Fuck off Sackett

I play 5aside every Friday night with mainly Wolves fans and was really tempted to give it a miss to watch this just prior to kick off. I went to play anyway. I think I made the right decision though I did catch the last 13 minutes plus injury time.

Surprise surprise, the £3m striker Sackett can't figure out how to play made an impact AGAIN.

Fuck off Sackett
Terry Butcher :)

The bloody butcher..who can forget him, then they changed the rules..

Not enough attacking intent again tonight. Its a tough game but we are very powder puff and toothless. I am up to about 9 players who are not the required standard for this league let alone higher. Interesting summer ahead

Nothing to lose now for the rest of the season and everybody knows it.
Just wish KJ would come out and say it and play a team with "some" attacking intent.
Really wouldnt be pissed if we lost by 3 or 4 but just give us something entertaining to watch for
the rest of the season.

This was just wank..nothing to build on yet again..defensive kj with saville and coady, two cloggers that dont have skills..start price, two forwards next game, so we can see some attacking threat, get some hope..

Yet we won last week with said cloggers. Ffs

Really not a huge amount to say about that game. We did at least have a shape which enabled us to largely keep Boro at bay which is a vast improvement from the games where we've been routinely walked through, but we offered nothing at all as an attacking force, didn't even threaten to and it was hard to see what the plan was there. We were seriously poor in possession and not registering a shot on target until the 71st minute says it all.

In terms of individuals, Doherty did pretty well again, Ikeme made a couple of decent stops and Mason again looked bright when he came on. But that was pretty much it as far as positive performances. The whole midfield was rubbish but McDonald was the worst of the lot, so incredibly half arsed, his efforts to stop Ramirez on the second goal were pathetic and this was another game up against a top club in this league where he hasn't turned up and hasn't looked like he fancied it. Iorfa barely broke into a jog all night, the wingers gave us no quality at all and Sig was very poor up front, even allowing for being isolated and feeding off scraps.

Expected nothing tonight and got nothing. I want us to go out and attack Bristol City on Tuesday though, I have had enough of playing bottom half opposition at home and setting up like that.

Really not a huge amount to say about that game. We did at least have a shape which enabled us to largely keep Boro at bay which is a vast improvement from the games where we've been routinely walked through, but we offered nothing at all as an attacking force, didn't even threaten to and it was hard to see what the plan was there. We were seriously poor in possession and not registering a shot on target until the 71st minute says it all.

In terms of individuals, Doherty did pretty well again, Ikeme made a couple of decent stops and Mason again looked bright when he came on. But that was pretty much it as far as positive performances. The whole midfield was rubbish but McDonald was the worst of the lot, so incredibly half arsed, his efforts to stop Ramirez on the second goal were pathetic and this was another game up against a top club in this league where he hasn't turned up and hasn't looked like he fancied it. Iorfa barely broke into a jog all night, the wingers gave us no quality at all and Sig was very poor up front, even allowing for being isolated and feeding off scraps.

Expected nothing tonight and got nothing. I want us to go out and attack Bristol City on Tuesday though, I have had enough of playing bottom half opposition at home and setting up like that.

This must be causing you some pain Dan - though he has been the best we have put out there for the last few games

If he plays like that then I don't have an issue with him. Didn't do his usual trick of letting a steady stream of crosses come in uncontested, got forward reasonably well, a couple of excellent defensive headers under pressure, it was nothing special but it was a 7/10 full back's performance. Of course I don't think he'll keep that level up but it'd be churlish to deny him credit, he's one of the few who deserve any tonight.

If he plays like that then I don't have an issue with him. Didn't do his usual trick of letting a steady stream of crosses come in uncontested, got forward reasonably well, a couple of excellent defensive headers under pressure, it was nothing special but it was a 7/10 full back's performance. Of course I don't think he'll keep that level up but it'd be churlish to deny him credit, he's one of the few who deserve any tonight.

Got away with it tonight as the rest were below his level - I've seen worse there but it wasn't great

I agreed to coach u11s tonight forgetting that we were on tonight. I made it back for the second half but I wish I'd have been able to stay longer watching young players express themselves and enjoy playing football, it was far more enjoyable to watch myself!

From what the first half sounds like we were completely dominated, shock horror. Yes, Boro have an expensively assembled side and are an organised outfit but that doesn't excuse us to play such poor football, especially as it is the norm rather than setting up for one game like that specifically to counter another side.

What I saw was pretty shit, no different to anything I've seen of us lately. There is no real plan when we win the ball, but again this is nothing new and I feel like I'm being very repetitive.

But for fucks sake, play Mason.

To be honest Boro created very little in the first half. The goal is from us switching off after a set piece hasn't been fully cleared, beyond that they had a few efforts from range but otherwise didn't really threaten or look likely to open us up. The problem was we had set up with the sole intention of not conceding and then when we did concede we didn't change anything. Back to only having two players at best pushing on when we broke, back to not keeping the ball at all, it was basically Brighton away all over again except this time we didn't get a fluke goal to hang on to.

Back