• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bolton (H) build up 2/2/16

Not sure where it's come from, but there seems a lot of people talking about Rowe being left midfield tonight.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Doherty

McDonald Coady

Rajiv Mason Rowe

Sigurdarson​

Rubbish but even that should be good enough to beat Bolton surely. Fucking Rowe & Doherty on the left though. :shake:

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Doherty

McDonald Coady

Rajiv Mason Rowe

Sigurdarson​

Rubbish but even that should be good enough to beat Bolton surely. Fucking Rowe & Doherty on the left though. :shake:

That's the team apparently.

I'd rather have Bjorn on the wing and Alfie up front obviously but he's quite restricted with what he can do with the options available to him.

When Martinez & Williamson are fit and we've got a striker in on loan it'll look more like this hopefully.

Martinez

Iorfa Batth Williamson Deslandes

McDonald Coady

Sigurdarson Mason van La Parra

New ST​

I'd like Byrne in there and Price instead of Coady but as Deutsch said, 'Ken's gonna Ken'.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Doherty

Rajiv McDonald Coady Rowe

Mason

Sigurdarson​

More 4-4-1-1 I think with the pacey Rowe providing the impetus we need. Just sub out Rajiv for Henry and it really will be like watching a photo.

Rowe will at least cover Doherty defensively sonehwat

Maybe positionally, as he's unlikely to really to get forward to any great extent but judging by his impact on other games I doubt he'll really offer any true protection, or anything else for that matter.

Maybe positionally, as he's unlikely to really to get forward to any great extent but judging by his impact on other games I doubt he'll really offer any true protection, or anything else for that matter.

He's just vaguely tidy on the ball. That's all he brings to the equation.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Doherty

Rajiv McDonald Coady Rowe

Mason

Sigurdarson​

More 4-4-1-1 I think with the pacey Rowe providing the impetus we need. Just sub out Rajiv for Henry and it really will be like watching a photo.

If Rowe comes into the team I think I’ll stay at home, a complete nothing footballer. That line-up truly is awful, if Rajiv goes back to his usual level there is little to no attacking threat at all. I suspect Siggy's inclusion will just increase our desire to lump the ball up from the back at every occasion as he won a few headers last time I saw him play.

You know how I've been banging on about how we can't send out that Doherty/Henry left hand side that we saw against QPR for the rest of the season? I didn't want him to change it and make it worse...

Price not in the team again then, presuming that is the line up. Personally I would select him.

I suspect Siggy's inclusion will just increase our desire to lump the ball up from the back at every occasion as he won a few headers last time I saw him play.

You can increase it?

Oh, and this:

“I am very pleased with Matt Doherty’s performances at left back,” said Jackett.

“He is a good attacking full back and he has also defended well.

“When you see him at Queens Park Rangers cutting inside and having a good shot that is something that we want him to continue to do.

“He can get forward and help us.

Words fail me. Call me old fashioned but I don't feel that having a shot (a shot!) makes up for our left back not having a left foot and not being able to defend. I do wonder what Ken's watching at times.

If Rowe comes into the team I think I’ll stay at home, a complete nothing footballer. That line-up truly is awful, if Rajiv goes back to his usual level there is little to no attacking threat at all. I suspect Siggy's inclusion will just increase our desire to lump the ball up from the back at every occasion as he won a few headers last time I saw him play.

Lump it forward or give it to Charles Charlie Charles on the wing is the plan then.

Oh, and this:

Words fail me. Call me old fashioned but I don't feel that having a shot (a shot!) makes up for our left back not having a left foot and not being able to defend. I do wonder what Ken's watching at times.

How anyone can say Doherty has defended well recently is beyond me. He does get forward quite well but how can you be so blind to his inability to defend? Ken was a full back as a player as well! How can he think Doherty's performances vs Cardiff, QPR, etc were acceptable?

Oh, and this:

Saw this earlier on the official site, I seem to recall all of Cardiff’s goals coming from down our left side. I’d love to know scoring one fluke 25 yarder while also getting constantly caught up field and out of position because you happen to think you’re the new Cafu, constitutes good performances.

Anybody know what time the shop in town is open until? Easier to get to than the ground to buy a ticket from where I park

Back