• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bolton (H) build up 2/2/16

He will go with Henry and VLP. No way Byrne is getting on the pitch at the start, although God alone knows why.

Look at that bench though. Absolutely bloody awful.

Home win to make it 13 points out of a possible 18, and a night on TWF of "it doesn't count, it's only Bolton"

Oh - it will count. Of course it will. Any points towards the first target of guaranteed safety would be welcomed with open arms, especially as it would be denying bolton points as a bonus.

Indeed. I'd be happy as a pig in shit if we beat them by one goal which went in off the arse of the ref after a miscued goal kick. Getting three points off those shitbags will probably be the highlight of the season to be honest.

Thought I'd join up and share the misery.

My team for what it's worth.
Ikeme
Iorfa batth eel Golbourne
Price
Kmac Saville
Vlp Henry
LeFondre
A poor side which should if they pass the ball instead of lumping it beat an even poorer team.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I'm surprised that anyone is advocating ALF on his own up top. We all know that any notional 433, would in reality be 451 with our centre halves belting the ball at him again. Assuming no signings I'd go:
Ikeme

Iorfa
Batth (wish there was an alternative)
EEL (as above)
Golbourne (won't play)

Van La Parra
Price (won't play)
McDonald
Byrne (won't play)

Le Fondre
Siggi (if fit)

Yeah, I'd take that team if we don't sign anyone and no-one else breaks in the next week. If you're not going to play two up top against the rock bottom team at home then you're never going to do it (I don't consider that we really did play two up front vs Fulham).

I have no idea what that formation was against Fulham, I agree it certainly didn't look like a clear two were up front. If anything it seemed to be 4-3-3.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Williamson Moxey

van La Parra McDonald Coady Henry

Mason Alfie​

Starting to look like a much more balanced side, even if the midfield is still a bit meh.

Judging by the earlier highlight reel, admitted is a very small sample, then I don't see there being much legs in a Mason/ALF partnership, two blokes loitering round the box looking to spawn their way onto a lose ball and offering little else.

Judging by the earlier highlight reel, admitted is a very small sample, then I don't see there being much legs in a Mason/ALF partnership, two blokes loitering round the box looking to spawn their way onto a lose ball and offering little else.

Its Kenny Jacketts interpretation of the number ten role which is interesting, he doesn't put that high a premium on having a quality passer of the ball in that area of the field. More a second striker.

I agree but Ken described Mason as a 'natural number 10' (don't get me started) so I think we'll see him playing behind Alfie unless we can bring in another striker.

Its Kenny Jacketts interpretation of the number ten role which is interesting, he doesn't put that high a premium on having a quality passer of the ball in that area of the field. More a second striker.

A 'David Platt' would be quite nice. A position that should have been filled long ago when he wanted to play 'narrow'. Not sure Coady was the answer.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Williamson Moxey

van La Parra McDonald Coady Henry

Mason Alfie​

Starting to look like a much more balanced side, even if the midfield is still a bit meh.
So you're confident Moxey's gonna sign?!

I'd much rather have Price in midfield than Coady.

So you're confident Moxey's gonna sign?!

I'd much rather have Price in midfield than Coady.

Should've just written 'New LB', it's clear we're in for one. Moxey seems the most likely.

Which is presumably where Maierhofer fits in?

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Williamson Maldini

Price Mac Saville

Zidane

RVLP ALF

In this game vs a poor bolton you have to play with two strikers, others i dont care

In this game vs a poor bolton you have to play with two strikers, others i dont care

You don't at all.

What we need to do is move away from having zero faith in the back 4 so we have to park the majority of our midfield right in front of them. Once that is sorted, we can maybe go out and attack. Whether that is 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 or whatever, it doesn't matter.

Probably will be the same team as v QPR, but with Mason into the vacant Edwards position.

Back