• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackpool FC

If Blackpool do not sort themselves out, then who knows what, if any future lies ahead. It is very sad to see such a club in total disarray.

If Blackpool do not sort themselves out, then who knows what, if any future lies ahead. It is very sad to see such a club in total disarray.

A good chance they'll be the first team to go out the football league that was once in the PL, I'd have them favourites to go down next season aswell.

What now for Blackpool. After yesterdays abandonment, the club could face a multitude of charges, the most serious being a failure to complete their fixtures for the season. They could be thrown out of the football league for that. At the very least they will be facing a severe fine and the possibility of playing a certain number of games behind closed doors at the start of the 15/16 season.

What is the situation? Does the fixture not have to be completed?

What is the situation? Does the fixture not have to be completed?

Technically, yes it does so that the season is completed. However Huddersfield have said they have players going away on holiday this week, so that in itself presents a complication. But if the football league demand that the game must be played, then even if youth team players are used, then somehow both teams must find a way to play the game. There was nothing at stake in the game, but if not played the records will show that Blackpool and Huddersfield Town failed to complete their fixtures. And no blame can be attached to Huddersfield, so any punishment will handed down to Blackpool.

What now for Blackpool. After yesterdays abandonment, the club could face a multitude of charges, the most serious being a failure to complete their fixtures for the season. They could be thrown out of the football league for that. At the very least they will be facing a severe fine and the possibility of playing a certain number of games behind closed doors at the start of the 15/16 season.

Sad part is the owners couldn't give a fuck with the fans the real losers in this situation.

Can see the win being awarded to Huddrsfield (0-3). A massive fine for Blackpool for failing to control their supporters (athough that should be a massive fine for having cunts for owners)

Oyston should do something honourable and refund the ticket costs to all Huddersfield fans as well.

Can see the win being awarded to Huddrsfield (0-3). A massive fine for Blackpool for failing to control their supporters (athough that should be a massive fine for having cunts for owners)

Oyston should do something honourable and refund the ticket costs to all Huddersfield fans as well.

The win and points could well go to Huddersfield, but the league do not take kindly to clubs failing to fulfill a fixture. And I totally agree that Huddersfield fans should receive a refund. Though I would go further and say they should be re-imbursed for their travel costs as well as ticket costs.

The win and points could well go to Huddersfield, but the league do not take kindly to clubs failing to fulfill a fixture. And I totally agree that Huddersfield fans should receive a refund. Though I would go further and say they should be re-imbursed for their travel costs as well as ticket costs.

The Football League have said that the game will not be replayed. I wonder what punishment awaits Blackpool?

Enough Blackpool fans appear to have got to the stage where any threats or punishments handed out by the FA are irrelevant to them. The protests will continue until the Oystons are ousted and to hell with the consequences and the more it gathers momentum, the more idiots become involved on the back of it.

Were all the players they signed last summer on short term deals, i.e. does the whole process start all over again?

Yeah Oystons has to go, fans wont change their minds

But what is in front of Blackpool supporters right now isn't their club it's a mirage. Once that affinity is lost they have nothing to lose.

I would welcome a massive fine for Blackpool, I too would welcome a three match behind closed doors ban. Imagine the match day revenue they would lose. Starve the Oystons of any and every penny.

When the ground reopens they will surely be advised to have more stewards/security/police all at the expense of Blackpool/the Oystons. Boycott the club shop, only go to away games unless more pitch side protests are planned. They'll soon lose interest.

There isn't any starving of the Oyston's though. They won't put any money into the club. Clark resigned because he supposedly was told he had a £2m budget to cover transfers and wages, this is Lee Clark the man who worked without public complaint for Blues! All is OK though they have signed a player from Blythe and given Nile Ranger a new contract (who hasn't played for them since November)

If they are fined X and the incoming funds of Y from the public don't cover that fine they will have no choice to pay the fine or face sanctions for failure to pay. They have cut the playing squad as far as humanly possible, if the fans boycott everything, generate the club fines/sanctions then the Oystons will have no alternative. Look at what Coventry achieved boycotting Sixfields

The Oyston's are happy to watch the club die though. They have made their millions and after their family received abuse they want the club out of the league. Seems they are happy to fund that dream. (If I get sued for this comment set me a funding page up)

I've heard that their mother got abuse or something. What's the actual story behind it?

I think that's the key difference, Coventry owners were ultimately looking to make money, or at least recoup some of what they'd spent, so they were always going to be driven by what bought the cash in. The Oystons seem intent on running the club into the ground, regardless of what it costs, if they run Blackpool into debt, get them plummeting down the leagues and have all the fans abandon them then I think they'd be pretty content with that.

Also wasn't a lot of Coventry's homecoming down to good fortune, if Wasps hadn't bought the Ricoh then there's no way they were coming back from Sixfields.

Back