• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackpool FC

Bloody hell, that's car crash stuff. Did like this post though "Just count yourselves lucky folks and live your lives safe in the knowledge that despite your pointless existences, economy class holidays, inferior jobs and limited circle of friends, no matter quite how bad it might all get, at least you are not an Oyston."

Karl Oyston said:
So let me get this straight, you think that despite knowing and being friendly with other chairman in the FL and PL, venture capitalists, bankers, entrepeneurs, very successful businessmen, government ministers, MP's and a whole host of notable worthies, That I should single out a fat flacid painter and decorator/consultant whose crowning achievment is taking his poor family on holiday to Orlando for three torturous weeks a year? really? I suggest you slip discreetly back into whatever foul pond you emerged from. Crack on as I am enjoying myself. you are on toast and are too simple to realise it. In fact you have cheered me up no end and made me realise I am right to completely ignore teh influential fans so cheers. Please carry on.

I bet all of those chairmen, VCs, business people and MPs think you're a prick as well Karl. If this man is happy with his life, what business is it of Oyston and his nouveau-riche family?

Oyston has been sacked from his weekly column in the local paper. Having read what he has written to this bloke, I imagine that will come as a huge relief to the sub-editors.

Oyston allowed his arrogance to draw him out, now he will pay for it.
I do think his protagonist could have got more with half a brain.

Blackpool owner Owen Oyston and chairman Karl Oyston have begun legal action against a fan who posted about them on an internet forum.
It is claimed the pair are attempting to sue the fan for £150,000 over a number of serious allegations, which they say to be untrue.

Depends what they both said really. A post on an internet forum is little different to writing an article. You can't hide behind the anonymity of a user name and an avatar really, as the post can be traced back to an IP address and by extension to the person making the written statement. As it considered to be a written statement, standard libel laws would apply. Including an absolute defence if what has been written is found to be true.

The complicated stuff is that this was done by text message (which in theory is supposed to be private) and has been released into the public domain by the fan. That might be somewhat muddier waters.

The complicated stuff is that this was done by text message (which in theory is supposed to be private) and has been released into the public domain by the fan. That might be somewhat muddier waters.

Nowt to do with the texts. This is for stuff put on an internet forum.

Bit like when Essex Wolf on proper Mol Mix posted the stuff about Sir Jack taking millions out of the club (unlike Blackpool though, Wolves just asked the E&S to delete the post. Which they did......and also the whole forum)

The Oystons own Blackpool 100% as I remember. As I also recollect there is plenty of accounting evidence out there that money has been moved from the football club to other Oyston companies.

Therefore, if the fan had said "they have taken money out of the club" he would probably have an absolute defence on it being a matter of truth. The problem is, if you 100% own the club there is absolutely nothing to stop you taking such money should you wish. Therefore the moment that the fan states or implies that such a movement of money was in some way fraudulent or dishonest, then that is libellous.

In the case of the infamous Essex post, SJH simply hadn't taken the money and so "he has taken money out" had no absolute defence of truth and that statement in itself was libellous. My advice would be that making allegations such as these without some pretty concrete evidence is shaky ground indeed.

Belokon has a minority share in Blackpool but the Oyston family have the bulk of the shares and hence do whatever they want.

There are definite questions to be asked as to why the club sold land surrounding the ground to Oyston companies for tiny sums and the club then bought said land back at way above market value years later. Also, drawing out huge shareholder dividends - morally repugnant but nothing dodgy about it from a fraudulent point of view. However why are Blackpool FC loaning money to Oyston companies (almost certainly shell companies, their accounts show next to no activity) that have no connection to the club and could not reasonably be considered to be performing any kind of role on behalf of the club? Surely you only loan money if you have any expectation of ever getting it back and also getting something in return for loaning it out, be it interest or services rendered.

Essex's allegations all came from a conversation he had with a builder or something. Not a builder who'd done any work at Wolves or anything, just a standard domestic brickie. Good source there Mr Plod.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30709703
It is claimed the pair are attempting to sue the fan for £150,000 over a number of serious allegations, which they say to be untrue.
Karl Oyston is being investigated by the Football Association for sending abusive texts to a supporter.
Blackpool declined to comment when approached by the BBC.
It is reported that the pair are unhappy with a series of posts about them, as well as accusations about the club.
Club president and shareholder Valeri Belokon called for Karl Oyston to resign over the content of the text messages Oyston sent to a fan, for which he later apologised "unreservedly".

From a Blackpool Facebook page..

Yesterday, representatives from the Tangerine Knights met with members of the local police force to outline our plans for Judgement Day.
During this conversation the police said that we were being refused access to the Morty statue to lay memorabilia. We were also informed that Mr Oyston could take out a civil trespass injunction to stop us doing this.
During a further meeting today, the club reiterated that they were absolutely not going to allow any form of protest at the Morty statue and we have now discovered that the statue has been removed by the 'Company'. As can be seen from the photographs attached.
We find the removal of the statue a clear sign of disrespect to all fans and to Morty himself.
We are sure that the club will have some legitimate reason for the removal, however the timing is very coincidental.

11178380_1585393831742621_7629996707492790495_n.jpg

10462843_1585393898409281_7111869349826129907_n.jpg

11208671_1585393878409283_5643684196471729559_n.jpg

Why don't the Oysten family just fuck off... They've made all the money they are going to make at Blackpool so just give the club to someone who gives a fuck

Back