• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn (H) 22/4/17 Build-Up & Match Thread

The lack of ambition from Blackburn is staggering. We aren't very good. You need to win you planks

Coady with a neat bit of defending sets it up down field but no one is supporting Bod and the move dies out.
Cav traps the ball on his chest but gives the ball away to set up a B'burn attack... Piss poor.
Coady under pressure but gets a free kick..

The lack of ambition from Blackburn is staggering. We aren't very good. You need to win you planks
We're there for the taking - can't understand such a lack of fight from a side desperate for points.

Blackburn have 52% possession with both teams having just 2 shots on goal but neither of them on target, so the keepers needn't have bothered getting changed.
Danny Graham comes on to do what every other Ex Wolf has done....

As I was typing that Saiss tried a shot from halfway into OUR half and predictably it wasn't even on target! Fucking hell!

MGW on for Marshall

Cav back out to the right as Morgan Gibbs gives way to Marshall? Is that right?
Trying to untangle Burrows.
Decent attack for Wolves. lots of players involved with Coady getting stuck in down the right but a decent attack runs out for a goal kick.
Saville caught badly with a scything tackle from Lowe.... Yellow for him.

We're there for the taking - can't understand such a lack of fight from a side desperate for points.

Agreed, with Blues playing tomorrow it must be an entirely different dynamic starting derby day having fallen into the relegation zone. If they got their shit together they could really ramp up the pressure. I'd be livid if I was a Blackburn fan watching this.

Thanks YoungWolf I had that the wrong way round as the crowd gets behind MGW as he breaks free and tries a shot. Good bit of a break there.... Is something stirring?

Lonergan :icon_lol:

Can't believe how bad he is.

Cav gets a decent cross in with B'burn dropping deeper and MGW leaps with the crowd not far behind him, but he can't quite get to it!
Great little bit of excitement.

Lonergan :icon_lol:

Can't believe how bad he is.

No, I'm sorry Ian, Lambert has gone on record saying he's playing great. Or doing a great job, or somesuch.
So I'm sorry mate, but What do you know?
And anyone else amongst the 20+thousand who think the same thing....

Saiss being given some ringing advice about keeping it simple and passing to any fucker in a gold shirt and stop with the Holywood passes.
Weimann with a great ball through to Bod who struggles to stay upright, but he's been brought down but the ref waves away the penalty appeal but if Bod had let the ball cross his body he could have created a chance to shoot, but in trying to keep it on his left he was off balance and came down easily.
Lonergan went miles wide to try to keep that in instead of letting it go out.
Burton beating Leeds 2-0 (Kightly) and Rotheram beating Ipswich...

Mikey and Thompson don't like saiss very much - one minute that he should be spreading it wide, then when he puts it wide they're moaning that it has to go forward down the middle.

I'd have said dick and Dom,except neither of them are Dom

Yetnthey will praise Edwards , who I don't think they have mentioned the once in this second half

Yetnthey will praise Edwards , who I don't think they have mentioned the once in this second half

Correct. In fact to go further, I think the only time Edwards had a mention in the 1st half was when he complained that Cav had been fouled and didn't get a free.

Back