• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn (H) 22/4/17 Build-Up & Match Thread

Cav can be quite frustrating at times, like him in the team as he provides excitement, but he does "overplay" it sometimes. TBF he hasn't really had many extended runs in the team (as with Saiss), if fit I'd like to see both play all the remaining games

Cav is definitely one of those footballers that will be better when he has better players around him. So often he wants to link play or is expecting someone to make a certain run but never comes and this is why he takes too many touches at times and is frustrating.

Burgoyne

Iorfa
Williamson (c)
Hause
Silvio

Saiss
MGW

Marshall
Cavaleiro
Costa

Dicko

Much as I want Blues to drop, especially now that bent twat is in charge, I'm a Wolves fan first and want us to win and finish the season as strongly as possible. We should be striving to finish the highest placed WM club in the Championship now

We should be striving to finish the highest placed WM club in the Championship now

But just this once, we'll accept Villa beating Blues ;)

If you went 4-4-2 (longer term) he could play as a second striker, kind of where Forestieri plays for Wednesday.
It worked for me on my Champ Manager game! (with Mason...)

In all seriousness I don't think he's suited to a striker role. He dithers on the ball too much and his decision making is less than ideal.

I'd like to see:

....................Burgoyne

Coady......Willo......Hause......Silvio

............... Saiss....... Evans

Costa........... Cavaleiro........ Marshall

..................... Weimann

If there's one game i could almost abide Edwards at 10 it's this one. I'd rather blues go down than Blackburn because i think we're more likely to beat Blackburn next season than we are blues. If that means we have to lose to Blackburn so be it

.......................Ruddy
Iorfa.....Williamson.....Hause......Doherty
Costa.........Herc.........Saiss.......Marshall
..............Weimann.....Dicko

Burgoyne, Coady, Batth, Edwards, Gibbs-White, Cavaleiro, Wilson/Ennis
How is Ruddy doing now he's getting the odd U23 game? I've seen enough of Burgoyne to not think he'll make it in the Championship in the short to medium term and Flatt only seems to get loans at Conference level, so if he is the real deal I can see him jumping over both of them pretty quickly.

How is Ruddy doing now he's getting the odd U23 game? I've seen enough of Burgoyne to not think he'll make it in the Championship in the short to medium term and Flatt only seems to get loans at Conference level, so if he is the real deal I can see him jumping over both of them pretty quickly.

I like him. A LOT.
Confident with the ball at his feet, very much a sweeper keeper and always looking to take command of his box. Still very young and will make mistakes I'm sure, but for me has massive potential. Burgoyne is a decent prospect but Ruddy oozes more confidence and ability whenever I've seen him. Doubt he'll figure at all this season but watch out in the coming seasons.

Ruddy was off to Villarreal I believe before Barca broke all kinds of rules and the Spanish FA blocked the signing of overseas youngsters for a while.

Grrr. No Costa means continual usage of Weimann out wide.

Played up front on Monday though.

Weimann and Dicko (or Wiemann behind Dicko) through the middle sounded fine, especially while Cavaleiro is injured. I would still be looking to give Wilson/Ennis some substantial minutes. Wilson has done well this season and sounds promising but also Ennis is clearly a potential star, and needs the exposure.

Andi can't play against Derby next week so hopefully one of them starts that game.

I think I'm coming to this game. I quite fancy a few ales and a decent game of football. And I can at least guarantee the ales.

The program cover features our Wolf attacking what looks like a Triffid. LMFAO. Talk about being a one dimensional artist.

Charlie mulgrew and Elliot Bennett both play for Blackburn - odds on them scoring?

1/100. It always happens, you know.

Back