• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn (H) 22/4/17 Build-Up & Match Thread

Both teams horrific so far. Nothing has happened.

Marshall is either intimidated/conflicted loyalties/not interested. Dicko 'controlling' the ball further than I can kick, Cav too much showboating, defence OK, everyone else meh

Pretty tragic half - I figured I'd entertain myself and start a write up at 40 mins

Lonergan - nothing to do but kick the ball badly
Coady - keeps diving in and either concedes a foul or gets given the turnaround, really poor at the moment.
Williamson - hasn't had much but his pace has been exposed a few times - appeared to injure his knee when stopping Blackburn from getting through on goal.
Steadman - hasn't had much, done some decent interceptions but not a lot to tell.
Doherty - injured

Saville - looks really uncomfortable on the ball but he's getting stuck in at LB so he's been alright in that regard.
Edwards - running around a lot
Saiss - hopeless, several poor passes and hasn't done anything in the middle
Marshall - really bad, keeps cutting inside and it's not working, did a decent free kick but he's not been able to dictate the play at all

(Cavaleirio - looks lost, his mistake almost led to a goal, he clearly isn't working at LM)

Dicko - keeps asking williamson do to impossible passes from cb and gets annoyed when he doesnt, hasn't held up the ball well at all
Weimann - lots of running and not much else, a few tackles and interceptions but nothing in an attacking sense

Quite a poor half - we have nothing to play for and we're playing like that.

Half time I'm telling you now you'll struggle to find a worse half of football across the country today with poorer quality on show absolutely painful on the eyes.

I don't think anyone could have predicted it would be this bad what with all that creativity on show. The highlight Doc getting injured.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Bodvarsson is warming up aggressively so I assume he's on for Dicko

Doc MOTM. him being substituted was the most excitement we've had.

Nouha has been ok imo prob doesn't deserve to be subbed.

Cheers lambo, fucked my bet with that sub.....

no WH or PLF today ?

I've just killed myself getting stuff done Mick and it seems that once again I've put more effort into getting ready for some of the game than these guys playing for their future.
Just read a couple of dozen posts and it beggars belief that no one seems to want to put the foot on a ball and dictate the play.
Lets see how the 2nd half pans out...

It's a bugger when you pay £7m for a player and he only gets a game because Doherty gets injured...

And then at left back...
Is Saville really the best option, or is Lambert suggesting that Saville might turn out like Coady on the other side?
Like... square peg etc but trying hard....

Lambert dancing with rage that guys didn't get forward once we'd got the ball into a promising position.
Lenehan (or Gallagher) falls like he's been hit by a sniper. Gets a yellow for his theatrics.
Blackburn putting a deal of pressure on us so far...
Wolves move forward and catch B'burn offside.

What happened to Doherty?
is it serious?
Could it be season ending?

Looked like a hamstring to me.

20,249 attendance with just over 1,000 travelling down from Lancashire.

Seems it was Lenehan who tried to cheat in the box, not Gallagher.
Bod couldn't get to that header, Saville lobs it over but Bod can't get much on that and lands awkwardly and takes a while to get up.... he does slowly rise to his feet, just! Looks like that bad landing hurt his knee.

Back