• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bellend commentators

Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal.
Shut up Clive you knob

These commentators are being so disrespectful to Georgia who have got some quality players. Likening them to 11 excited puppies... Also seem absolutely gobsmacked at the performance of Kvaratskhelia who they seem to think is just some random.

Said it before Clive will treat a club side like this if they’re coming up against ie Man Utd or Liverpool.

Keown: Mainoo should be in midfield, because 'that's his habitat' 🤣🤣🤣

Good news from the Guardian for many on here.

"It will be Clive Tyldesley’s final game for ITV this weekend as he commentates on Germany v Denmark. The company have not offered him a new contract and will not have him on a game after the last 16, which is a shame.

Tyldesley has been a fine commentator for decades and will leave be much-missed by the millions that enjoy his work. While every co-commentator gets a bucket load of stick, Tyldesley has always remained popular.

Pleasingly, Tyldesley says has no plans to retire so hopefully he will pop up somewhere next season. As someone who spent five years at ITV Sport, he was always good to deal with and was liked by all. A thoroughly pleasant man. Good luck with what comes next Clive."

The feelings towards him on social media are very different to on here. The Matterface and Dixon combo have done wonders for his reputation.
Matterface is an idiot but I think Dixon knows that and suffers/humours him (as he gets paid for it).

For those who love your Richard Keys insanity (and who doesn't):

1) This is a man who goes on regular gammon rants about how arrogant it is that we call our national association "The FA" rather than "The English FA" and that Three Lions is a seriously offensive, disrespectful song. Then says "there's nothing left to beat on our side of the draw". You box headed cunt.

2) Randomly segueing into a top 10 commentators for no reason, except he only names 6, and he manages to pick David Coleman who stopped commentating a mere 45 years ago.

3) Says he likes Clive Tyldesley, Peter Drury and Sam Matterface.

Danny Murphy repeatedly calling Gakpo "Gapko" is mildly irritating.

For those who love your Richard Keys insanity (and who doesn't):

1) This is a man who goes on regular gammon rants about how arrogant it is that we call our national association "The FA" rather than "The English FA" and that Three Lions is a seriously offensive, disrespectful song. Then says "there's nothing left to beat on our side of the draw". You box headed cunt.

2) Randomly segueing into a top 10 commentators for no reason, except he only names 6, and he manages to pick David Coleman who stopped commentating a mere 45 years ago.

3) Says he likes Clive Tyldesley, Peter Drury and Sam Matterface.
Coleman was 45 years ago... grief! That's shocked me... and I still rate him as number 1. His "1-0" delivery was superb.

Yep. Never did live football commentary after 1979. He was of course on TV for a long time afterwards in various roles. I remember him from Grandstand, athletics and Question of Sport.

I'm sure he (Coleman, not Keys) was good but I'm not sure writing for an audience of people who have to be at very least 55 years old, in fact he broadcasts this way too if you ever happen to catch the appalling BeIn Sports output (when Man Utd lost 4-0 to Brentford he said Ten Hag should invoke what Ron Atkinson did there...Ron Atkinson who left in 1986), is a very wise idea.

I'm not deranged enough to name 10 so my 5:

1) Davies
2) Tyler
3) Moore
4) Champion
5) McNamara

I'm not sure I'll ever be able to forgive Davies for Mick I L Loud Droop

I remember Coleman calling Emlyn Hughes 'Omlem' on A Question of Sport once.
He did used to get his words mucking fuddled sometimes. But as as Squeak says his 1-Nil was legendary.

Back