• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bellend commentators

I’ve got Italy on and it’s Vicki Sparks and Chris Sutton. Tallest dwarf tonight. “I can barely hear myself think in here” said Vicki, I wish I could barely hear her talk.
Radio?

Weird must be an option for the TV commentators although as you say not a huge amount of difference, although I really can't stand Chris Sutton.

I’ve got Italy on and it’s Vicki Sparks and Chris Sutton. Tallest dwarf tonight. “I can barely hear myself think in here” said Vicki, I wish I could barely hear her talk.
I'm watching the iPlayer and it's Pearce for me 🤷

We’ve had (definite TWF lurker) Jacqui Oatley for some of ours which has been great. Poor lady still has to deal with Warren Barton as co-comm though.

I'm watching the iPlayer and it's Pearce for me 🤷
Only option I had was the Spain game, all I found for Italy was with 5Live. I’ll have a look again because these two are crushing my brain.

EDIT: Found it. That’s ‘better’ :sick:

Not bellends but I’ve enjoyed the Rest is football podcasts. Lineker/Shearer discussing the Kane comments of yesterday. Both understanding of where Kane is coming from and agreeing with most of what he said. Called out whichever journalists who brought them into the conversation as they were no doubt critical themselves but effectively used their question to hide behind them.

She went to secondary mod across the playing field from my grammar school. Not the same time i might add!
That doesn’t sound very Australian, nice to see the good old British class system still being exported to the colonies though. ;)

When asked by Netherlands legend Ruud Gullit during beIN Sports’ coverage of the game if he would sack Southgate before their next match on Sunday, Keys replied: ‘I’m so depressed, I thought that was so miserable once again tonight.

‘I’m at a point whereby if I were able to make that decision, yes, I probably would because we are going nowhere double quick.
‘We’re here to win it, that, what I’ve seen tonight, that’s not winning the next game, let alone the tournament.’

Keys then went on to suggest former West Ham and Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp as a potential short-term successor.

‘Harry Redknapp’s sat in Dubai tonight, give him a call,’ Keys said.

‘[Jurgen] Klopp won’t do it but Harry, you think he wouldn’t be on a plane tomorrow morning?’

Harry fucking Redknapp. As if it's 2012 or something.

I thought he was going to suggest himself with Andy Gray as assistant, then I read on.

Fuck sake.

There's a gambling advert on radio with the starting line of (something like) "should have been England manager, Harry Redknapp"... On what planet?

Seemed to be a 2 horse race between him and Allardyce a few years back which BFS (briefly) won

When asked by Netherlands legend Ruud Gullit during beIN Sports’ coverage of the game if he would sack Southgate before their next match on Sunday, Keys replied: ‘I’m so depressed, I thought that was so miserable once again tonight.

‘I’m at a point whereby if I were able to make that decision, yes, I probably would because we are going nowhere double quick.
‘We’re here to win it, that, what I’ve seen tonight, that’s not winning the next game, let alone the tournament.’

Keys then went on to suggest former West Ham and Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp as a potential short-term successor.

‘Harry Redknapp’s sat in Dubai tonight, give him a call,’ Keys said.

‘[Jurgen] Klopp won’t do it but Harry, you think he wouldn’t be on a plane tomorrow morning?’

Harry fucking Redknapp. As if it's 2012 or something.
Trouble is, I reckon 20% of England "fans" would agree with this, and 90% of Talksport listeners...

There's a gambling advert on radio with the starting line of (something like) "should have been England manager, Harry Redknapp"... On what planet?
It's the Sun I presume as that is the tag line they use on the TV ad

Back