• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

2 Welsh bottled beers so far. Both crap. One American Brown Ale (Crafty Devil, Straight Outta Canton) that tasted like, but worse than, homebrew bitter; and a hoppy red bitter (Great Orme, Red Dragon) that has lost all its conditioning in the bottle and is as flat as Milla Jovovic. Shame, as it had decent flavour.

I tried their Chennai today. Porters are far too heavy, rich and sickly for my liking. I had a sampler and that was more than enough. It's not about changing my mind.

Talking of which, just finishing the night on a Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout. A 10% boozy liquorice rum soaked chocolate covered raisin of a beer. Bosher. I'll sleep well after this.

Oh, and a little mention for a cracking Welsh beer! Brewed just a few hundred feet from my folks place in Llandudno - Wild Horse, Palamino Pale Ale. Month old bottle, absolutely banging beer, full of piney citrus and tropical flavour. Heaps of bitterness to balance it all out. Ace beer.

Gosnell's Amarillo & Citra Dry Hopped Mead.

39e11672c1007219957a3ec334f1d1d5.jpg

Gorgeous and a lot less sickly than their 'standard' mead. Although at £7 a pop it's rather expensive!

Almanac - Saison Delores. 6.8% saison, absolutely brilliant.

Almanac - Saison Delores. 6.8% saison, absolutely brilliant.
Saisons are weird but fascinating. Don't think I've ever had two bottles taste the same, even if they were officially the "same" beer.

Saisons are weird but fascinating. Don't think I've ever had two bottles taste the same, even if they were officially the "same" beer.

I agree ... We have a craft beer here in Vietnam called Saigon Saison at 7% (Pasteur Street Brewery). It's on draft but each batch is slightly different. It's rather moreish mind.

Alan ... Have you ever tried "Hop Juice" ? From Left Coast ? Probably my favourite IPA at the moment. I get it in Kuala Lumpur Normally bottled but sometimes draft. Wonderful hoppy taste ... About 9% IIRC.

Can't even remember what I drunk yesterday, so knackered from work I was pissed off the first beer I think.

Planning on having a Kees, Double Rye IPA with my pepperoni pizza tonight.

beer_295556.jpg

The aforementioned Wiper & True - Amarillo.

Just incredibly good. Everybody needs to try one of these. Absolutely everything you want in an amber ale.

Sat here with several cans of Modern Times - Lomaland which have all been consistently excellent. I love the style but can't say I've drank enough of one particular saison to notice the difference between batches.

The aforementioned Wiper & True - Amarillo.

Just incredibly good. Everybody needs to try one of these. Absolutely everything you want in an amber ale.

Will keep an eye out. Not sure my local place carries much W&P unfortunately.

The Kees Double Rye was fantastic. Everything you could want from a rye IPA, but ramped up whilst remaining balanced. Ace.

Sat here with several cans of Modern Times - Lomaland which have all been consistently excellent. I love the style but can't say I've drank enough of one particular saison to notice the difference between batches.
Aye, I don't mean it as a negative. In fact, I'd say it adds a certain charm to the style.

To øl - Sur Amarillo. 7.5% sour pale ale dry hopped with amarillo. Seriously refreshing. As you'd expect lots of pithy orange from the amarillo with a nice subtle sourness.

Just had an email saying this lot had been dispatched, I don't even remember ordering it!

Elvis Juice Can x 3
Ace of Simcoe x 2
Punk IPA x 4
Monk Hammer x 2
5AM Saint x 3
Jack Hammer x 2
Dead Pony Club
Jet Black Heart
Albino Squid Assassin x 2

Back