• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Magic Rock High Wire - 5.5% Grapefruit Pale Ale. This is just superb, the grapefruit is prominent and it just battles the hops perfectly to give a big, zesty kick that finishes with an excellent bitterness. Love it.

Galway Bay's Full Sail. A bloody gorgeous American Pale @ 5.8%.

Yeastie Boys Digital - 5.7% IPA. I thought I'd give more Yeastie Boys brews another go after loving Pot Kettle Black and again this is a fucking superb ale, possibly the closest thing you'll get to Axe Edge without it being Axe Edge. Thick, sticky and dank with enormous amounts of hops and a massive pungent kick on the nose. A first class IPA.

Northern Monk are running a lot of Galway Bay's brews as their guests. I must admit that they are all (those I have sampled) excellent. The Northern Monk Refrectory is a top place for both grog and grub.

12x Beavertown - Bloody 'Ell for £25. Don't mind if I do... :whistle:

Magic Rock High Wire - 5.5% Grapefruit Pale Ale. This is just superb, the grapefruit is prominent and it just battles the hops perfectly to give a big, zesty kick that finishes with an excellent bitterness. Love it.
Amen to that.

Northern Monk are having a "MeadFest" tomorrow. I could give it a go I suppose.

One for Machin:

article-2648522-1E75E25E00000578-487_634x395.jpg

Funny that you posted this as i had the exact same wine yesterday(though without the roadkill)..was actually a nice bottle of wine :)

Back On Topic, Galway Bay's Bay Ale. An excellent Irish Red at 4.4%

Rapscallion from Northern Monk. Spiced Pale, 5.3% not impressed with this. However their Dark Arches Black IPA, 6.7%, is heavenly. I also tried their Chennai Export Porter 5.4%. I'm not a fan of porters and the sampler was enough for me. It was extremely good, but far too rich for my palate.

Finishing off today's visit to the Refectory with a New World IPA which is the first off a new keg. Next stop the Garden Gate.

Northern Monk are having a "MeadFest" tomorrow. I could give it a go I suppose.

Gosnells - London Mead is amazing. Only mead I've ever tried but if they have that it's well worth a shot.

It's Gosnells that are providing the stuff. Looks like I shall have a dabble. Thanks for that Sam.

Finishing off today's visit to the Refectory with a New World IPA which is the first off a new keg. Next stop the Garden Gate.

I bet that was a tasty drop!

Back