• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Moor Beer, B-Moor Porter (keg) - nice roasted flavour with berries and coffee flavours (I'm not an expert by the way) with a great body and flavour all the way to the end. Great flavour without being filling.

Shiny Sorachi Dark, Black IPA - Really enjoyably smooth dark beer that had a coconut milk flavour with the dark bitterness of a porter.

Chockwork Orange - Rockford Beer Co - on cask out of Bristol (?) outstanding stuff with a hippy kick and then deep chocolate orange flavours going down the back of the throat. Really top stuff but at 5.9% not a session ale.

Tried a Nethergate Growler - a lovely malty session ale. A warm loveliness that was eminently drinkable.

In between had an Et Tu Brutus by Dervinito Brewery which was dark and bitter without much flavour, but it was between some excellent brews

All in all my favourite was the Chocwork Orange. All were from the tap on keg or cask.

Good stuff Johnny. Where was this?

Good stuff Johnny. Where was this?

Four places in Newcastle (Staffs); The Hop Cellar, Ten Green Bottles, The Bridge Street Ale House and Lymestone Vaults.

If your ever up here then we need to give it a good beer crawl as there's 2 other ale houses which didn't get a visit.

Edit: The Bridge Street Ale House have a Chocolate Vanilla Milk Stout on Cask next week - will have to get down and get some of that over the bank holiday as I can't see it lasting long!

Is Lymestone part of the brewery? Had their Ein Stein on the old BeerBods before, which was pretty nice from what I can remember.

Just finished a Northern Monk, New World IPA - man, why have I waited so long to drink one of these? Fucking awesome!

Went to Bruges last weekend - our favourite bar had 400 Belgian beers in, with the Bourgogne des Flandres and Kwak both superb - Bruges is great for anyone into their ale.

Six degrees north - Chopper stout. 7% stout with a kick of dark fruits from the Belgian yeast. Lovely beer.

Just finished a Northern Monk, New World IPA - man, why have I waited so long to drink one of these? Fucking awesome!

I'm just tucking into Northern Monk's True North in the Brewery Refectory. An equally awesome brew. They have Galway Foam Fury DIPA at 8.5% as a guest.

Foam & Fury is an awesome beer, love that stuff.

It is Stan. However it's way too high ABV for a volume drinker 😈😈😈😈

Apparently Brewdog are releasing a Rye Whisky barrel aged version of Albino Squid Assassin in a week or two. Sounds awesome.

ASA is lethal stuff, way too drinkable for a 7.4% ale. Love it so I'll have to give that a whirl.

Latest order from Honest Brew, I still wasn't too impressed with the stock (no Weird Beard, no Cloudwater, no Axe Edge) so went for 12 beers I haven't tried yet and 3 favourites (bold).

Moor - Return of the Empire - IPA 5.7%
Beavertown - 8 Ball - Rye IPA 6.2%
Beavertown - Gamma Ray - Pale Ale 5.4%
Buxton - Wild Boar - IPA 5.7%
Buxton - Imperial Black IPA 7.5%
Yeastie Boys - Digital IPA 5.7%
Yeastie Boys - Pot Kettle Black - Porter 6%
Wiper and True - Quintet No. 7 - IPA 6.9%
Wiper and True - In The Pines No. 8 - Amber 5%
Five Points - Hook Island Red 6.0%
Magic Rock - High Wire Grapefruit - Pale Ale 5.5%
White Hag - Red Doe - Red IPA 5.6%
Wild Beer Co - Evolver IPA 5.8%
Wild Beer Co - Millionaire - Milk Stout 4.7%
Wild Beer Co - Witness - Bretted Pale Ale 5.8%

Beavertown - 8 Ball - Rye IPA 6.2%
Beavertown - Gamma Ray - Pale Ale 5.4%
Wiper and True - Quintet No. 7 - IPA 6.9%
Five Points - Hook Island Red 6.0%
Wild Beer Co - Millionaire - Milk Stout 4.7%

:atigrou:

Helluva list Boozad. Still got a couple DIPAs here for you bud...

In the Pines is superb.

Amarillo is one to watch out for too, best beer I've had so far this year.

Had a few Bristol Beer Factory beers in recent weeks and I've been very impressed as I wasn't the biggest fan beforehand. Bitter Kiwi was possibly the best pint I've had on cask this year and the Saison is very good, nearly on a par with the Epic Saison.

Could be interesting...

Iron Maiden will release the third variant of their Trooper beer in September, they’ve announced.

Trooper Red ’n’ Black is inspired by the song The Red And The Black from latest album The Book Of Souls. It’s a rich porter that looks black but glows red when lit up, and clocks in at 6.8%ABV in a bottle, or 5.8%ABV from a cask.

It follows the original Trooper, launched in 2014, and the stronger 666 edition that arrived in 2015.

Iron Maiden frontman Bruce Dickinson once again collaborated with Robinsons Brewery head brewer Martyn Weeks to create the recipe. Brands manager John Robinson says: “Trooper Red ’n’ Black uses a blend of chocolate and crystal malts, which help give the beer a roasted malt and caramel backbone.

Bargain spotting in Lidl yesterday - Marston's EPA and Ringwood Boondoggle both 99p a bottle. Brakespear Oxford Gold was £1.25 & Marston's New World (which is probably their best) is £1.49 although I think those last two are their regular prices.

Helluva list Boozad. Still got a couple DIPAs here for you bud...

I know mate, work is literally dictating my life at the moment so free time is in very short supply. I'll try my bestest to get over there as soon as I can, I really need to try those beauties. It's why I ordered from Honest Brew again, I just haven't got time to get over the Wine Seller.

I've got a bit of free time over the next two weeks mate, so if there's a good time, I can pop them over to you at some point.

Back