• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Northern Monk's Dave II. A stunning Gose.
49ac725d920eb73eed680b1fbc55d56a.jpg

Looks good Phil. Definitely need to make a stop at the Refectory at some point pre/post Leeds away.

Most definitely mate and just around the corner from the station too.

Northern Monk Brew Refectory offering Redchurch Tartelette and Galway Bay 303. Brilliant.

Dark Star Revelation and a Moor So Hop to kick off the extended weekend.

Not a bad start...

Picked up a bottle of the Marstons EPA from Lidl last night. Very pleasant for 99p.

T1iNnR34IlzzQW98zMSomPUzplY9xjRrtL16PqzPTM44hrMEYzyjXeb1Nr1KN99_bBSKl5xObiOXETl32OhnKSO5zFqMIPdiq7WYGwCrlgTcn_B6opbQzC_NIi9QjEF9aowxEbq7AwyP6V9EXjwgKfntUV6dJO1HipQ0wFkRSKfvSfaRGR7-g6SDn4JcBXwHplyryBOBkVS5YGQS1c0M2kDXXxA5GmM58nbkupzrEkKJ30Y5Ez8Y9s6Op5IEdZLxaIVnDIb6nhng0SC8HpSM7WaEF-sTWZpzPqAU6yVnWVdaZ1HhiC7R72KeQTya1gBZhVT0jFa5BrLvTQcl2eqPXDJlScPhOqPnQWhoPsrEbZ75GVrcAFLP0qP8id35jDkS4niQlXZZuhmY7WasT9EvXprVWvuFl_s6yDu4JZi9LDWFyncxMeLoWJ2v3cC9Y9D7OIN73pkTZ37Y0Hw245CoTd0Kj8cmL1IBoSB5nOtJoNo-ESN4FV58_90hZKBuiWhj1jo6xGFb5Sn8IXLzpIapLTUf-Gm_w-R84xUY5g8VNtTEfO5vsoSc7MLmYp98-ZMN3HyC=w545-h677-no

That is a bottle of the first ever homebrew we did about 8-9 months ago. When we brewed it we accidentally added twice as much crystal malt as we should have and the sweetness was too much. It was also really cloudy for ages.

Well I've just cracked a bottle for the first time in a couple of months and it's cleared up really nicely. Plus the sweetness has mellowed and it's altogether a much more rounded and balanced beer. Result! :D

The Crown in Codsall is back open - they've done it out really nicely.

090f3434dde33159c95487edd808f447.jpg

Stowford on tap which is exactly what I was after. It's a Joule's pub so the ales are meant to be top notch too - not my bag though so I can't give you a Goolden review of them myself.

090f3434dde33159c95487edd808f447.jpg

Stowford on tap which is exactly what I was after. It's a Joule's pub so the ales are meant to be top notch too.

Stowford - A fresh tingly brew with an aroma that has more than a hint of Apple followed by a big juicy apple flavour that slaps about in your mouth from every angle. Perfect for a warm summer evening or any time really if Cider is your bag.

Not too difficult that one.

Might take a look over the weekend. Not been in there for at least 15 years. Will be interesting to see what crowd it attracts.

Northbound - 08. A 5% Kölsch brewed in Derry/Londonderry. Lovely beer, I've got an Altbier from the same brewery to follow, I will report back when I've decided who won the Düsseldorf/Köln derby.

Altbier > Kölsch. Really liked both these beers though, Northbound are definitely a brewery to look out for, especially if you're a German beer fan in Ireland.

Might take a look over the weekend. Not been in there for at least 15 years. Will be interesting to see what crowd it attracts.

With the way it's been done out, can't see it attracting undesirables - tbf it was ok before they sold it to Joule's, has been since I moved here anyway (four and a bit years).

Altbier is definitely better than Kölsch.

Haven't been in The Crown since my 18th birthday.

Galway Bay's Via Maris. A cracking session ale. American IPA 3.5% ABV.

Back