• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Did anybody see the 'Who's the Boss?' TV show where the head of Brewdog was the hiring 'boss'?

Proper car crash TV. Did absolutely no favours at all for Brewdog and made the boss himself (Jason) look a complete bellend, I'm surprised they let it air.

I didn't see it but I think someone at work was trying to tell me about it, he didn't really make much sense but it may have been that.

I appear to have sent Brewdog a mail when I was pissed (after ordering that last lot) asking them to do free shipping on orders over £40 like Honest Brew do, if you don't ask and all that. They replied telling me to invest in Equity for Punks which would have knocked £5 off my last order which would have covered the shipping. It's a minimum buy in of two shares at £95. I appreciate they're there to sell stuff but what a weird way to try to palm shares off on someone.

Hi Gav,

Thanks for the mail, and totally sick pun work!

We feel that our Equity Punk discounts (up to 20% of the value of your order) offer the best possible discount incentive rather than free delivery. As an example, I checked your last order and saw that you could have in fact saved more than the £5 delivery charge if you were an Equity Punk! For more information on Equity for Punks, please see https://www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks .

We make no markup on the delivery charges whatsoever, these are passed along entirely at cost.

I was there whilst it was being filmed but haven't watched it back.

It was a car crash when it was being filmed so no surprise it didn't come out well.

The candidates were shit though.

Spent a weekend in Totnes at the girlfriend's family and picked up a couple of bottles from the New Lion Brewery. Their Pandit IPA is really good - it would make a cracking session beer. It's not on the level of some of the top notch IPA's on here but is exceptionally drinkable.

I was there whilst it was being filmed but haven't watched it back.

It was a car crash when it was being filmed so no surprise it didn't come out well.

The candidates were $#@! though.

Well worth a watch and still on the iplayer. I think you and Booz will get a good giggle out of it.

You're right though, nobody comes out of this well; boss, staff, candidates, recruitment agency. It was ace.

I'll check that out tomorrow night while drinking their beer :)

For the love of god why?

Who wants to drink fanny batter?

Well worth a watch and still on the iplayer. I think you and Booz will get a good giggle out of it.

You're right though, nobody comes out of this well; boss, staff, candidates, recruitment agency. It was ace.

I watched this last night as I had been meaning to watch it for a couple of weeks.

I felt awkward throughout the whole thing, it was a complete car crash. The three candidates were fucking terrible (aside from Russ, who was 25% decent). What I will say though is they did stitch James Watt up slightly as the only collaborative thing about the process was EVERYBODY in the business screaming after day two that this was a disaster and there is no way that any of these candidates could do that job. Whilst James had to ultimately make the decision, everyone was behind it though.

Impressive company, but I'm glad I don't work there any more. I'm not hipster enough - oh, and I like to wear a suit every now and then.

DIPA v3 on it's way.... https://twitter.com/cloudwaterbrew/status/715101415715299328

CeyM7nKW8AAz9v6.jpg

Northern Monk True North is a truly awesome session ale.

Controversial but I wasn't a fan of DIPA v2. I've liked everything else I've had before from them.

I never tried v1, which folks have said was better than v2. I loved it though. I still prefer a hoppy IPA to a DIPA generally speaking but the Cloudwater DIPA is the best of its kind I've tasted.

Back