• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Tonight's Beerbods is Drygate, Ax Man. A dark amber rye IPA made with Chinook, Centennial, Nugget and Mosaic hops. Looking forward to it. Sounds right up my street at the moment.

Tonight's Beerbods is Drygate, Ax Man. A dark amber rye IPA made with Chinook, Centennial, Nugget and Mosaic hops. Looking forward to it. Sounds right up my street at the moment.

Bloody good beer. Dodgy label.

Honest Brew have got a stellar selection of Weird Beard's in. Wish I'd have held back on that Brewdog box now, I'm not going to get away with another box of ales before I've opened this one.

Might have to get one of these...

attachment.php

Robinson's Trooper Special Edition 6.6% 330ml - £1.29 a bottle in B&M.

Dead Pony Club - 3.8% Session IPA. I like this one, plenty hoppy enough and a nice, fresh bite to it. It'll be good to compare this to Ace of Simcoe, up next.

Dawkins - Ultra IPA.

6.6% so relatively heavy and unfortunately you could taste that. Alcohol content overran the hops. Not unpleasant but not one I'd be rushing back for.

I think I prefer the Dead Pony Club over the Ace of Simcoe, cracking session IPA. Half way into an Elvis Juice and it's a steamer! Proper juicy and fresh, loads of grapefruit which just edges to prominence over the hops. If you like High Wire you'll love this.

Dead Pony is probably my favourite of their core range. Need to try the new Elvis Juice, loved the prototype but I believe the final one is different.

Just having a Hobsons Green Hop. Classic golden ale single hopped with freshly picked Challenger hops. Absolutely beautiful. Crisp, refreshing, hint of floral aroma, touch of spice and a quenching bitterness. Classic style done absolutely superbly. Grab one if you see it. Got mine from Co-op.

Brewdog Monk Hammer - 7.2% Pale Ale. A stormer of an ale, the Belgian yeast really does go to battle with the hops. I was a bit wary of this one as I'm starting to lose my love for the Belgian style lately but they got this spot on. Too drinkable for the ABV, this one could do some serious damage.

Brewdog Jack Hammer - 7.2% IPA. Love this uncompromising IPA, such a hop attack on the palate. Brewdog really have won me over, I think I may buy into the Equity for Punks, I can see me buying a lot more of their shit in the future.

Brewdog Jack Hammer - 7.2% IPA. Love this uncompromising IPA, such a hop attack on the palate. Brewdog really have won me over, I think I may buy into the Equity for Punks, I can see me buying a lot more of their shit in the future.

Only 20 days left for EFP I think mate.

Done an Albino Squid Assassin and now on a Punk IPA. I'll give BD their dues, a session on their brews is fucking good.

I buckled and bought two shares in BrewDog, mainly for the 10% online discount. I suppose I'll claw the £95 back in discounts pretty quickly when ordering so it seemed a no-brainer really.

More on CAMRA's revitalisation project - https://issuu.com/thinkpublishing/docs/consultation_booklet?e=7264428/34157740

There's also a survey you can take - https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/RevPRoj2016

All very welcome news.

You got me on ignore mate? :D

It's just what CAMRA need to do to stay relevant and have an influence, IMO.

Promoting and endorsing craft keg beer and getting more of it in traditional pubs would be a great start.

Personally I haven't had much time for CAMRA for the last 30 years or so. I apologise for failing to remember your previous postings. Must be something I drank 😨

Get yourself to Tesco Gav.

4 for £6 and my local one has just expanded their range to DPC, Punk, 5AM, this is lager and jet black heart.

Back