• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

Get yourself to Tesco Gav.

4 for £6 and my local one has just expanded their range to DPC, Punk, 5AM, this is lager and jet black heart.

Great news mate, they're steal at £1.50 a bottle. There's one down the road from us (although it's only an Express) so I'll pop down at some point and see what they've got in.

17f33da2c09130f9677234582259e4c8.jpg

Hmmm, the revitalised CAMRA are perhaps not a progressive as I first hoped.

http://www.camrgb.org/2016/04/there-is-no-such-thing-as-craft-beer/

CAMRA - "Craft beer doesn't exist"

This is their problem. They are tied to this fucking technical definition of what makes beer good or not. Take a trip to Beavertown or Cloudwater and try and tell them that their beer isn't proper.

A Rat in Me Kitchen from Rat Brewery. An excellent cask ale without added nitrogen.

Tyne Bank's Pride of England. An excellent cask IPA.

Popped into Slater's prematch. Had a Rogue, Hazlenut Brown Nectar. Dark brown with nice subtle chocolate notes with sweet nuttiness on top. Very nice. Followed swiftly with a Wylam, Jakehead IPA - absolutely banging. Huge tropical hops on a sweet malt base. So good!

Beavertown - Bloody 'Ell. 6.2% Blood orange IPA. Best batch of Bloody 'Ell yet? Such an incredible beer.

Just read this on Vocation's blog

"From late April, Heart & Soul, Pride & Joy and Life & Death are being listed nationally in nearly 300 Tesco stores. These stores will all be featuring a full shelf of canned craft-beers, which I think is a really positive development. I know Tesco are becoming very serious about their craft beer range, and a full shelf of craft cans is going to be a big draw for many customers."

A few cheeky cans in the weekly shop? Happy fucking days!

Buxton are putting out some awesome looking beers at the moment.
King Maker - a 10.5% double IPA
Extra Porter - a 7.5% Guatemalan coffee porter
and a barrel aged version of their 10.4% Double Axe
Still not tried their Red Point red IPA which should be ace. Plus their Anglo-Belgique IPA was the best beer I've had all year so I can feel an Eebria order coming on!

Just had an awesome little lunchtime session in Slaters with the missus while her mate babysat for us.

Tiny Rebel, Cali
The Kernel, Chinook Dry Stout
Northern Monk, Faith
Magic Rock, Salty Kiss
Moor, Nor'hop

All absolutely beautiful. Moor and Northern Monk the pick of the bunch.

She tries, but heart isn't in it. She likes an ale, but she's yet to board the craft beer ship....

Reading back, that sounds harsh. She loves a beer and she loves a pub session, but she's not really gotten back into it since we had our second (he's 13 months now). I annoy her with my obsession more often than not now.

She's so camra....

Back