• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

It's a 30 second walk from the Severn Valley Railway station, which has a brilliant pub called the King and Castle there too. And a decent place called The Station about 2 minutes away from that. 3 pubs within a few minutes of each other, and they're all fantastic.

Cool photo!! Have you been to the Waggon and Horses on Worcester Street since it's reopened? Absolutely wonderful pint of Enville in there.

I also went to a place called The Weavers in Kidderminster yesterday. What a place that is!!

If you're ever near Kiddy, make sure you give it a try. Loved it.

We were talking about The Waggon and Horses last night - he is very happy that it has opened.

I do love their ales and they are getting into more and more pubs in the area.

Believe me, when your palette has had to endure $#@!e American beers, then a Boddingtons is much appreciated !

Have you not got a good micro brewery near you PPB? I had 3 by me in NJ and all 3 served really good pale ales. I agree with the others, Boddingtins is crap.

Have you not got a good micro brewery near you PPB? I had 3 by me in NJ and all 3 served really good pale ales. I agree with the others, Boddingtins is crap.

Johnny the nearest decent one is in Slippery Rock, and not what you would call 'local'

It was a slight exaggeration of me to say all beers here are crap. I think I just miss the whole ' proper English ' pub thing and all that goes with it. Some days when you long for Golden Glow and a pork pie in a great traditional pub setting ,and instead have to settle for Sam Adams, pkt of Lays in a bar that has no atmosphere and is full of blokes chewing and spitting wads of baccy !

A decent Lancaster Blonde in the Posada. I might just give the beer a go too!

Whilst I'm a big fan of real English ale, I've recently been enjoying the Australian brewed Duckstein...delicious

Last night I went to The Hawne Tavern in Halesowen - never been before. What a tremendous establishment. Some stonking beers on there including Bathams Bitter, Holdens Golden Glow, and the two I tried (no point me having either of those when I'll be supping them at the weekend) were both awesome:

Rat Brewer - Cheating Rat
Abbeydale - Moonshine

Both Yorkshire ales, both really really good.

Both great names too!

Indeed!! I know the Western has had Moonshine before (as well as my favourite Abbeydale beer - Absolution) but I've never even heard of The Rat Brewery before. I preferred it to Abbeydale and that's a big compliment!

I finally managed to have a Joules nearly 40 years since I had my last one! Absolutely excellent at the Red Lion, Market Drayton.

Tried a quite sublime beer in the Waggon and Horses in Stourbridge in Friday night - Citra Hop by Itchen Valley. Bloody gorgeous.

That sounds very nice Langers, but I am currently only allowed to drink non alcoholic beverages. I think this thread should be closed until I am again back in the land of the living.....!!

I thought that I would try the newly refurbished Wheatsheaf on Market Street this fine evening. Usual Marston/Bonks fare. Not overly impressed with the ale (EPA & Sunbeam). This pub adequately demonstrates that even though you might put lipstick on a pig.................

Illuminati in the Lych Gate is ok.

The Youngs in the Posada was rancid!

The BFG in the Lych Gate is good.

Back