• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I've not tried Boltmaker before, but a pint of Landlord (their best known beer) is always rather pleasant. I'll certainly try Boltmaker if I get the opportunity.

Nice to see Oakham - Citra get some recognition. As has been said on this thread, it's really nice. Often on in the Wellington in Brum too. And Salopian is a fairly local brewery who do some good ales. I had a Darwin's Origin a few weeks ago.

I'm going to the Black Country Beer Festival in Lye tomorrow - the beer list there is pretty ace actually. It includes the magnificent Crouch Vale - Brewers Gold which won the GBBF Beer of the Festival about 8 years ago. I rarely see it around here so I can't wait to try one.

I went looking for Citra in Tesco the other night to try it and they never had any in.

It's actually nowhere near as nice from the bottle. I'd definitely recommend trying it on tap to get the best out of it.

I've never seen it on tap in any of the pubs I go to round Burton. Bottled might be my only way of trying it for now.

I've not tried Boltmaker before, but a pint of Landlord (their best known beer) is always rather pleasant. I'll certainly try Boltmaker if I get the opportunity.

Nice to see Oakham - Citra get some recognition. As has been said on this thread, it's really nice. Often on in the Wellington in Brum too. And Salopian is a fairly local brewery who do some good ales. I had a Darwin's Origin a few weeks ago.

I'm going to the Black Country Beer Festival in Lye tomorrow - the beer list there is pretty ace actually. It includes the magnificent Crouch Vale - Brewers Gold which won the GBBF Beer of the Festival about 8 years ago. I rarely see it around here so I can't wait to try one.

That's some commitment to beer, Lye is fucking rancid.

That's some commitment to beer, Lye is fucking rancid.

Good for curry, and there's an excellent pub called The Windsor Castle in Lye. But otherwise, yes - I'd agree.

The festival is at the cricket club which is one of the very few areas of Lye that isn't rancid.

Good for curry, and there's an excellent pub called The Windsor Castle in Lye. But otherwise, yes - I'd agree.

The festival is at the cricket club which is one of the very few areas of Lye that isn't rancid.

I've not seen much of the place but more than enough to put me off every going back, went to look at a garage with my girlfriend when she was looking for a new car 12 months or so ago, think that was pretty close to the centre, well what centre there is, and the company i used to work for are rebuilding the hostel/rehab/deliquent centre, visiting the old one was not a pleasant experience!

I've not seen much of the place but more than enough to put me off every going back, went to look at a garage with my girlfriend when she was looking for a new car 12 months or so ago, think that was pretty close to the centre, well what centre there is, and the company i used to work for are rebuilding the hostel/rehab/deliquent centre, visiting the old one was not a pleasant experience!

It's not a place I'd ever go to unless I wanted one of the following:

• A good curry
  • A pint of Sadlers
  • A quick pint in The Shovel
  • A nice meal at the Windsor Castle
  • The beer festival

It's convenient on the train - only 2 minutes from Stourbridge Junction so it'd be rude not to drop in.

It's not a place I'd ever go to unless I wanted one of the following:

• A good curry
  • A pint of Sadlers
  • A quick pint in The Shovel
  • A nice meal at the Windsor Castle
  • The beer festival

It's convenient on the train - only 2 minutes from Stourbridge Junction so it'd be rude not to drop in.

Thankfully it seems i can save myself needing to go there again, i can't see myself ever being in the market for the first two and there are closer places i can go for a quick drink or a meal.

Lye successfully avoided for the forseable future, happy days.

I had some really good Sunbeam at the Brown Edge, Thatto Heath yesterday teatime.

I pretty much work next to the Otley brewery and funnily enough, the three pubs I frequent are served by them :p Give the O1 a whirl.

I've had it before - really enjoyed it actually.

That's the spirit! Perseverance is the key. I'm currently Sunbeaming.

I'm sampling all that Norwich has to offer. Nothing too special yet though!

Back