• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Beer

I found a pub in Beeston (Nottingham) that has Holdens beers as one of its regular guests. Winner!

On Saturday I tried an IPA , Flower Power, made by Ithaca Beer Company. Didn't know whether to drink it or eat it .

Wiper and True, a new brewery in Bristol has an absolutely fantastic IPA. Looking forward to a few tomorrow night hopefully!

Drinking a double stout by Hooky brewery and its very nice. Got a bottle of Old Hooky as well which is one my all time favourite's.

Jaipur in the Sheffield Tap.

Wish every train station had one of these!

I wish that I had drank Jaipur in there instead of SMASH in the Howard.

The catpiss I drink was the same as always in the Howard. Not sure about the bottles of it in the ground.

Had a brilliant night on the HPA's in the Newhampton last night. Bloody pricey though. £3.40 a pint.

Is that how much a pint in a pub can cost these days?! I did have a rare trip to the pub and a pint yesterday but as I also bought a coke and a fruit shoot (I was out with the family) I have no idea how much the pint cost.

It's £3 at the Western and Posada. It's about £2.70 in The Clarendon and Lych Gate. It's about £2.30 in the pub round the corner from me
Whatever my mate was drinking last night (Timothy Taylor, I think) was £3.60. Crazy prices for an out of town old man drinking pub.

Litten - £2.60
My locals in Bilbrook and Codsall - between £3 and £3.30
Wetherspoons - £2.20
Posada - £3

That's for cider. Lych Gate is fucking expensive for that, about £3.40.

Hope you don't mind me barging in to this thread but I don't get to watch the wolves much these days but I do love my beer!
My local brewery is Sharps who make Doom Bar but down here in Cornwall the best by far in my opinion is a beer by Skinners of Truro called Betty Stoggs. The label can put you off but it's one of the few beers you can still taste the next day and not feel queasy. Strong enough to make you feel merry but not too much for a hideous hangover the next day. If you see one in the taps or on the shelf, give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

...My locals in Bilbrook and Codsall - between £3 and £3.30

That area used to be considered a dump when I went to school there, I presume it's a leafy suburb of Wolverhampton now.

If you bump into someone who is around 52, ask if they remember me. When I went on Friends Reunited, the cunts had all forgotten me. It's only 36 years since I left the area FFS!

Hope you don't mind me barging in to this thread but I don't get to watch the wolves much these days but I do love my beer!
My local brewery is Sharps who make Doom Bar but down here in Cornwall the best by far in my opinion is a beer by Skinners of Truro called Betty Stoggs. The label can put you off but it's one of the few beers you can still taste the next day and not feel queasy. Strong enough to make you feel merry but not too much for a hideous hangover the next day. If you see one in the taps or on the shelf, give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had plenty of Skinners last time I was in St Ives. It's okay, way better than any of the muck Sharps brew.

I maintain that the best Cornish beers are made by St Austell, unless you're lucky enough to have sampled the excellent Spingos in Helston.

I had a glass of Brakspear's special this evening, and while it was a little on the sweet side, it was a very decent ale.

Back